Greetings from Louisville, KY

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good grief. Okay, so here's what happened:

We were down in this neighborhood place and we wandered into a liquor store. We saw Forester's Mint Julep Bourbon, which we thought might be mint julep in a bottle, ready to serve. We asked the liquor store guy, is this mint julep ready to serve like how you see margaritas in a bottle? He said yes. We asked if it was good or was it yakky and not even close. He said no, it's great and not too sweet.

His tongue should turn black and rot right out of his face for that lie.

This is NOT mint julep in a bottle; it's vaguely mint flavored bourbon. But Neal poured it thinking it would be mint julep and not straight bourbon. We did have fresh mint that he muddled in it, but two cans of Sprite later our drinks were, you know, drinkable.

My face is numb. I think I'm smiling, but I'm not sure. My teeth feel enormous.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't deal with junk food any more. I thought I could go longer but...no. Lightweight. So we hit up a Whole Foods and got rotisserie chicken, sukiyaki bowls, prepped fruit, and other real food. We picnicked in the breakfast room at this here Ramada.

We spent the evening drinking vaguely mint flavored bourbon heavily cut with Sprite in the breakfast room while we watched O'Reilly and made friends with the hotel manager, who is a bourbon drinker and verified that our mint julep bourbon was not mint julep at all.

We're quite at home in the hotels. We know our neighbors ( in this hotel it's a buncha guys working on the railroad - none named Dinah, I asked), and the desk person (who, in this case, is the Amazing Kendra), and we party with the hotel manager.

Membership has its privileges, so we have been blessed with great rooms that are really suites with a separate sitting room for the cheapo room price. Let me say again: if you travel in any meaningful way, get loyal with a hotel chain because they will hook you up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Louisville is the cutest city. I seriously love it here. It's a good size city with city things, but it has this small town charm and the people are just the best. Severa and Pingsteal are from here, and they kept saying how they were dying to get back. Now I see why. Lincoln, NE is the best small city on earth, but Louisville is a close second, and only because I haz loyal. Otherwise Lville might be #1.

Honestly, the only reason we put Louisville on the itinerary is because I needed to hug my Severa, but it really is a destination in its own right.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Good grief. Okay, so here's what happened:

We were down in this neighborhood place and we wandered into a liquor store. We saw Forester's Mint Julep Bourbon, which we thought might be mint julep in a bottle, ready to serve. We asked the liquor store guy, is this mint julep ready to serve like how you see margaritas in a bottle? He said yes. We asked if it was good or was it yakky and not even close. He said no, it's great and not too sweet.

His tongue should turn black and rot right out of his face for that lie.

This is NOT mint julep in a bottle; it's vaguely mint flavored bourbon. But Neal poured it thinking it would be mint julep and not straight bourbon. We did have fresh mint that he muddled in it, but two cans of Sprite later our drinks were, you know, drinkable.

My face is numb. I think I'm smiling, but I'm not sure. My teeth feel enormous.

Oh, vrai, you made me laugh out loud and share with hub. :lol:You do have a way with words. I hope y'all are ok and not allergic, or something! Love reading about your adventures!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I can't deal with junk food any more. I thought I could go longer but...no. Lightweight. So we hit up a Whole Foods and got rotisserie chicken, sukiyaki bowls, prepped fruit, and other real food. We picnicked in the breakfast room at this here Ramada.

We spent the evening drinking vaguely mint flavored bourbon heavily cut with Sprite in the breakfast room while we watched O'Reilly and made friends with the hotel manager, who is a bourbon drinker and verified that our mint julep bourbon was not mint julep at all.

We're quite at home in the hotels. We know our neighbors ( in this hotel it's a buncha guys working on the railroad - none named Dinah, I asked), and the desk person (who, in this case, is the Amazing Kendra), and we party with the hotel manager.

Membership has its privileges, so we have been blessed with great rooms that are really suites with a separate sitting room for the cheapo room price. Let me say again: if you travel in any meaningful way, get loyal with a hotel chain because they will hook you up.

:killingme

I am loving your stories. I couldn't catch up all the way this morning, but I am reading these to Foxhound right now and we're laughing out loud! :lmao: