Yikes!!!

D

dems4me

I have seen this huge bright green catterpillar looking thing on a tomato plant last saturday it was bigger and fatter than a sausage link and was about 6-7 inches long -- it had very tiny yellow eyes and the first four legs were black and white and the back looked like suction cups or something and it its body was smooth -- no hair and sections and had a dot on each section... Has anyone seen one of these before? I'd never seen anything like it -- I'd hate to see what kind of moth or butterfly it will become as I'm envisioning this thing carrying off cats and chickens... anyone seen one of these or can point me in the right direction please??:confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have had them on my 'mater plants before, they eat the leaves I think. Just pick them off and dispose of them.

H

HollowSoul

tomato bugs........they are harmless......they just eat the leaves...the biggest one iv'e seen was allmost 5 inches

D

dems4me

Originally posted by RoseRed
I have had them on my 'mater plants before, they eat the leaves I think. Just pick them off and dispose of them.

It was huge!!!! I'm still stoked about it!!!! What the heck are they and what do they become??? I was afraid to touch it - it was soo bigg!!! I've seen smaller one's but nothing like the size of this one -- I said sausage before -- I meant to say a cooked hot dog was more like it... and yes it was eating the leaves.

H

HollowSoul

Originally posted by dems4me
It was huge!!!! I'm still stoked about it!!!! What the heck are they and what do they become??? I was afraid to touch it - it was soo bigg!!! I've seen smaller one's but nothing like the size of this one -- I said sausage before -- I meant to say a cooked hot dog was more like it... and yes it was eating the leaves.
:blushing: you really don't need to flatter me like this...i was glad to be of service :wink:

H

HollowSoul

Originally posted by HollowSoul
:blushing: you really don't need to flatter me like this...i was glad to be of service :wink: [/QUOTE

:roflmao:

thanks all I found a link to them... mine was way longer than 4 inches - I should have measured it just in case for a md state record or something... thanks -- do they bite?

http://entowww.tamu.edu/extension/youth/bug/bug091.html
normally no it doesnt bite........spit on the other hand.....that's a different story

D

dems4me

Originally posted by HollowSoul
normally no it doesnt bite........spit on the other hand.....that's a different story

thanks -- apparntly they turn into the Sphinx moth; a grayish-colored insect with a wing spread of 4 to 5 inches.

I can't wait to see this -- thanks. do they really spit?

H

HollowSoul

thanks -- apparntly they turn into the Sphinx moth; a grayish-colored insect with a wing spread of 4 to 5 inches.

I can't wait to see this -- thanks. do they really spit?
:lmao: :roflmao: :lmao: :roflmao: