Christmas Dresses

jenwrenfer

Can someone please give me an estimate of when the little girls Christmas dresses start coming out in stores? I'm getting married in January and want to wait to see if I can find flower girl dresses in silver/navy, even white colors. If not I'll have to order online, but I don't want to wait too long in case shipping is a problem.

Thanks!!!

meme

The Smart Hooker
Every Easter and Christmas I have order my daughters dresses from this place. They also make pageant dresses and wedding dresses.

http://www.lidldollys.com/

My daughter has a TON of their dresses and they are absolutely adorable. I have never had a complaint.

Hope this helps!

meme

The Smart Hooker
Originally posted by Sharon
Those dresses are so adorable. :yay:

Aren't they? I accidently stumbled on the webpage a few years back. I fell in love with it. The prices aren't bad, I think it's just about the same that you would pay for a dress at JC Penny, Sears or even Kohls. :clap:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by meme
The prices aren't bad, I think it's just about the same that you would pay for a dress at JC Penny, Sears or even Kohls. :clap:

I like to sew, but at that price you just can' beat buying one. It takes time to go pick a out pattern, fabric, cut and sew... dilly dallying thru the store takes me almost a whole afternoon. :lol:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by Sharon
Those dresses are so adorable. :yay:
:yeahthat: and they are in Pidgeon Forge, we are supposed to be going there in October. Redneck central :yay:

I might have to check them out.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Originally posted by Dymphna
:yeahthat: and they are in Pidgeon Forge, we are supposed to be going there in October. Redneck central :yay:

I might have to check them out.

If you do go, please let us know how your trip turned out. I've been wanting to go. From my understanding it's a nice size store that they have. :dance:

K

Kizzy

Maybe I could order a dress and have one my my boys put it on and pretend. :ohwell:

Originally posted by IM4Change
Maybe I could order a dress and have one my my boys put it on and pretend. :ohwell:
That some new fangled code for arrested scumbag you are transporting to central booking?

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by huntr1
That some new fangled code for arrested scumbag you are transporting to central booking?

:lol: No, but I was fast asleep on the sofa about 30 minutes after that post. :razz:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
meme said:
If you do go, please let us know how your trip turned out. I've been wanting to go. From my understanding it's a nice size store that they have. :dance:
Got back from Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge last night. We did go to this dress shop and we got one of these. But with a slightly different print.
And one of these, but in lavendar gingham, a size larger. These two dresses are the same pattern.

The store is big, but the first part sells tourist trap souvieners, like t-shirts, magnets, key chains etc, that say Pidgeon Forge. Then about half the rest of the sales floor has quilts, then the dresses. In the back third of the building is where they make the dresses, if you stand on your tip toes you can see little old ladies bent over sewing machines, and you can say, "I saw 'em bein made."

The selection is limited. They only have two main styles, the one we got and the one they call the "Southern Belle" which is similiar, it just has places in the skirt where it is hiked up and filled with lacy frills. They have a few other dresses, but the selection is better online, when it comes to styles and better in-store for colors.

Lemme tell you, though, next time I'm planning a wedding for a 3-yo, I'll be sure to order the wedding dress from here. This picture doesn't do it justice. It's much more elaborate in person, for a minute, I thought it was MY wedding dress shrunk down, open back and everything. :rolleyes:

G

geminigrl

Dymphna said:
Got back from Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge last night. We did go to this dress shop and we got one of these. But with a slightly different print.
And one of these, but in lavendar gingham, a size larger. These two dresses are the same pattern.

The store is big, but the first part sells tourist trap souvieners, like t-shirts, magnets, key chains etc, that say Pidgeon Forge. Then about half the rest of the sales floor has quilts, then the dresses. In the back third of the building is where they make the dresses, if you stand on your tip toes you can see little old ladies bent over sewing machines, and you can say, "I saw 'em bein made."

The selection is limited. They only have two main styles, the one we got and the one they call the "Southern Belle" which is similiar, it just has places in the skirt where it is hiked up and filled with lacy frills. They have a few other dresses, but the selection is better online, when it comes to styles and better in-store for colors.

Lemme tell you, though, next time I'm planning a wedding for a 3-yo, I'll be sure to order the wedding dress from here. This picture doesn't do it justice. It's much more elaborate in person, for a minute, I thought it was MY wedding dress shrunk down, open back and everything. :rolleyes:
:yay: Very pretty dresses.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Beautiful dress!

I am very happy with all my lil dolly dresses too. I haven't been to the so called factory yet but after your post I think I will continue to buy mine online (better selection.) Every holiday I order one for my little girl. She wears it long enough to get her pictures taken in it and then wants to get out of it and put on play clothes. sigh....wish she was a bit more prissy! :)

meme said:
Beautiful dress!

I am very happy with all my lil dolly dresses too. I haven't been to the so called factory yet but after your post I think I will continue to buy mine online (better selection.) Every holiday I order one for my little girl. She wears it long enough to get her pictures taken in it and then wants to get out of it and put on play clothes. sigh....wish she was a bit more prissy! :)
If you give our girl the choice of a girly girl dress or jeans and a t-shirt, she chooses girly girl every time!

Dymphna said:

You forgot to mention that we also got the socks and hair bows/barrettes to match the christmas dress.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
huntr1 said:
If you give our girl the choice of a girly girl dress or jeans and a t-shirt, she chooses girly girl every time!

lucky you. :ohwell: mine insists on wearing jeans and a wife beater under her dress so that, once she's seen in it, she can return to her preferred tomboy status. :lol:

K

Katie

huntr1 said:
You forgot to mention that we also got the socks and hair bows/barrettes to match the christmas dress.

You must take pictures of her dressed up. She is the cutest little angel all of the time!