Well, it finally happened

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We are sick. :cough: :sniffle:

I came down with it a couple days ago, yesterday was the worst, this morning much better, and today Monello is down hard. I went to the gym and trudged through my workouts because once you get going you really do feel better. (This is good for hangover relief as well, btw.)

The difference between living on the road and being on vacation is we don't have to go go go constantly to jam it all in, and if we get sick it's not a tragedy because we don't only have a few days to jam everything in and go go go. We can kick back and geeze. Plus it's been in the mid-90s and we are not dedicated enough golfers and tennis players and whatever elsers to be out doing activity in that nonsense.

We're officially burnt out on restaurants - plus our pants were getting tight - so now we're all about detoxing with fresh fruit, veggies, eggs, and chicken that we prep ourselves. The Homewood Suites that we currently call our home (still in Des Moines) has a wonderful breakfast with good scrambled eggs, fresh cottage cheese, fresh fruit, and steel cut oatmeal. They have a social hour thing in the evening with wine and beer, but the food offerings are mostly a nightmare so we've been grilling on the patio and nomming on amazing Iowa corn and fresh produce. So, sorry, I don't have any good foodie stories for you because we're being all healthy and chit.

We did go to Amana Colonies and picked up some local beef and pork chops. The pork here is really REALLY good. Not sure what they do to their pigs, but they end up tasting super delicious.

The Iowa State Fair started today, so we'll hit that up in the next couple days. I doubt we'll eat any fried butter but I supposed you never know. It didn't occur to me that I'd ever eat fried chicken and creamed corn on a doughnut, either. :urk:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
We are sick. :cough: :sniffle:

I came down with it a couple days ago, yesterday was the worst, this morning much better, and today Monello is down hard. I went to the gym and trudged through my workouts because once you get going you really do feel better. (This is good for hangover relief as well, btw.)

The difference between living on the road and being on vacation is we don't have to go go go constantly to jam it all in, and if we get sick it's not a tragedy because we don't only have a few days to jam everything in and go go go. We can kick back and geeze. Plus it's been in the mid-90s and we are not dedicated enough golfers and tennis players and whatever elsers to be out doing activity in that nonsense.

We're officially burnt out on restaurants - plus our pants were getting tight - so now we're all about detoxing with fresh fruit, veggies, eggs, and chicken that we prep ourselves. The Homewood Suites that we currently call our home (still in Des Moines) has a wonderful breakfast with good scrambled eggs, fresh cottage cheese, fresh fruit, and steel cut oatmeal. They have a social hour thing in the evening with wine and beer, but the food offerings are mostly a nightmare so we've been grilling on the patio and nomming on amazing Iowa corn and fresh produce. So, sorry, I don't have any good foodie stories for you because we're being all healthy and chit.

We did go to Amana Colonies and picked up some local beef and pork chops. The pork here is really REALLY good. Not sure what they do to their pigs, but they end up tasting super delicious.

The Iowa State Fair started today, so we'll hit that up in the next couple days. I doubt we'll eat any fried butter but I supposed you never know. It didn't occur to me that I'd ever eat fried chicken and creamed corn on a doughnut, either. :urk:

Hope you both feel better soon and make it back here safely (all in one piece).

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:huggy: Hope you're feeling better soon! If you can't eat anything wild and crazy at the fair - at least take pics! :jet:

Still love keeping up with the adventures here and on FB. :love: