Former Navy SEAL Settles With Authorities Over Bin Laden Raid Book

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"The decorated former Navy SEAL who penned a best-selling book about the operation to kill Osama bin Laden has reached a financial settlement with the U.S. Justice Department.

Matthew Bissonnette has agreed to forfeit "all of the proceeds" he received from the book, No Easy Day, which court papers peg at $6.64 million. Bissonnette offered a formal apology for failing to submit the book for review by authorities before it was published.

"I acted on the advice of my former attorney, but I now fully recognize that his advice was wrong," Bissonnette's apology said. "It was a serious error that I urge others not to repeat."

Bissonnette launched the book in 2012, under the pen name Mark Owen, as public demand spiked for information about the raid that killed bin Laden. In connection with his 14-year military service, including a stint as a member of the storied SEAL Team 6, Bissonnette had signed documents agreeing to protect national security secrets"

More here: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/19/490487058/former-navy-seal-settles-with-authorities-over-bin-laden-raid-book?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
K
"The decorated former Navy SEAL who penned a best-selling book about the operation to kill Osama bin Laden has reached a financial settlement with the U.S. Justice Department.

Matthew Bissonnette has agreed to forfeit "all of the proceeds" he received from the book, No Easy Day, which court papers peg at $6.64 million. Bissonnette offered a formal apology for failing to submit the book for review by authorities before it was published.

"I acted on the advice of my former attorney, but I now fully recognize that his advice was wrong," Bissonnette's apology said. "It was a serious error that I urge others not to repeat."

Bissonnette launched the book in 2012, under the pen name Mark Owen, as public demand spiked for information about the raid that killed bin Laden. In connection with his 14-year military service, including a stint as a member of the storied SEAL Team 6, Bissonnette had signed documents agreeing to protect national security secrets"

More here: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/19/490487058/former-navy-seal-settles-with-authorities-over-bin-laden-raid-book?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Someone else signed those same documents, didn't protect, made money and now is running for Predident, hmmmmmmm......

PsyOps

Pixelated
Bissonnette had signed documents agreeing to protect national security secrets"

:killingme

Yup... only the privileged few get to completely dismiss those documents. More evidence there are two different standards.

Hill-ar-y
Hill-ar-y
Hill-ar-y

PsyOps

Pixelated

You must have meant ..

Snowden
Snowden
Snowden

Uh, no. When Snowden gets back from running like a coward to China and Russia, he'll be prosecuted. He is not one of the privileged few.

Hill-ar-y
Hill-ar-y
Hill-ar-y