Greetings from the road!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We are currently in Presho, SD - halfway between Sioux Falls and Rapid City.

That was THE PRETTIEST drive I've ever taken in my life. It's surreal in its beauty and every mile there's a gawk moment. It's enormous out there. You start with just a whole lotta nothing as far as the eye can see - gorgeous farmland and the sky, broken up occasionally with farms and granaries here and there, little towns come and go...then you come up to Chamberlain and OH. MY. GOD. That lake is so beautiful it takes your breath away. It looks like a painting, not even real.

Then all of a sudden you're in the hills. Then without warning you're back in the plains. The changes in landscape are fairly abrupt, like *flick* change.

Now I get why the bikers ride to Sturgis. They must feel so small under that enormous sky and vast landscape, with those awesome straight roads that were made to lay the hammer down. It's been an amazing ride in the car - like you're in a movie - so I can only imagine how awesome it is on a bike.

Today I got to see an old friend that I haven't seen in 30+ years. She was my first room mate and maid of honor at my first wedding. She has not changed one little bit, and I love when that happens. You see old friends and their life took a bad turn or they got bitter and stupid or turned into a drunk or whatever happens to people in life, but Kelli is still the same person and the adult you would have seen her turning into. :yay:

What a terrific day!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, AND! The Corn Palace in Mitchell is super cool! I thought it would be some cheesy roadside place - no! It's definitely a destination, as is the town of Mitchell itself. I told Neal this was the best tourist trap town I'd ever seen. Very well done and worth the detour.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
South Dakota sky
DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

Mitchell, SD
DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1317.jpg

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Oh, AND! The Corn Palace in Mitchell is super cool! I thought it would be some cheesy roadside place - no! It's definitely a destination, as is the town of Mitchell itself. I told Neal this was the best tourist trap town I'd ever seen. Very well done and worth the detour.

Corn Palace was featured on the first season of MTV's Road Rules.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's nice to hear your voices! I miss you!

Miss you too! Jump in the car and come out!

For real, I think everyone needs to make the trip from Sioux Falls to Rapid City at least once in their life. Put it on your bucket list, peeps - it's really amazing!