The Badlands

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We had the most perfect day today. We hit the Badlands and made the loop - I can't even describe how breathtaking and amazing it was. Just one WOW moment after the other. It was just an hour of WOW. South Dakota is the prettiest state I've ever been to - sorry, Tennessee, you can still be second, though. I'm afraid the pics just won't do it justice (will post some shortly).

On the way back we stopped at a little bar in Interior, SD - because you have to have a beer in the Badlands, right? Just a little hole in the wall with a super cool bartender. A few other tourist types wandered in and we chatted with them. This bar is covered in $1 bills that visitors have written on and stuck on the walls, so of course we left our mark as well. (If that bar ever burns down, that's probably $2000 or so up in smoke.)

Came home and grilled the ribeyes we got yesterday at the meat market, and Monello also did up the bacon wrapped asparagus and stuffed mushrooms.

The Badlands are just stunning. I don't have enough superlatives to enthuse about them like they deserve.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
can you image that on horse back or in a wagon

by horse back maybe 30 miles a day

b23hqb

PREMO Member
can you image that on horse back or in a wagon

by horse back maybe 30 miles a day

Only if you were lucky enough to be following some kind of game trail. The Badlands ain't called that for no reason. It is an awesome thing to check out.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
bl1.jpg

bl2.jpg

bl4.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

bl5.jpg