Please help! Need home for horse in So. MD!!

M

merec03

Hi!
This forum was suggested to me because I have not been having any luck finding a place to board my horse while I am at college at the University of Maryland, college park campus. I go back to school very soon and any help would be appreciated. It doesn't matter extrememly what type of barn it is, he is a QH gelding, and we do low level eventing and hunter shows, however any type of pleasure or just a small private barn would work as well. I'm not looking to pay over $400 if possible! :crazy: Thank you so much!

Mere

ps. i'm so glad i found this fourm..i'm sure its so helpful for a Northern girl living in the south a large part of the year!! :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
PM appyday. She would be in the know about this. I'm not sure if has room to board another horse, but I guarantee she'll steer you in the right direction.

M

merec03

I am still looking...is he near college park? and can he do full care? please let me know the details! :biggrin:

spinner

We are in Hollywood. He is two houses away and he was telling me the other day he wanted to board a couple of horses. Right now he has my three horses over there. He has two pastures and a really nice four stall barn with huge box stalls. You would have to work out the details with him, but as long as he is a nice horse taking care of one more is no big deal to me. I am assuming he is up to date on his shots and has neg. coggins.

PM me if you are interested and I will give you his number, I can talk to him tomorrow.

fredsaid2

It sounds like you would prefer to board near school. You might try the Equiery listings. Free copies are at all the tack shops and they're online The Equiery Best of Luck!

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by fredsaid2
It sounds like you would prefer to board near school. You might try the Equiery listings. Free copies are at all the tack shops and they're online The Equiery Best of Luck!
If you do that see the listing for Merkel Farms in Bowie. Stephanie is awesome! I have no idea how much she charge's for boarding or if she has room.

I grew up on that farm it's wonderful!

M

merec03

I was actually at Merkel farm last year, and it is very nice and I loved the girls there, but I just couldn't afford it. She was also looking for a working boarder and with school I just didn't have the time to do that, otherwise i'd be right back there!