After school care/Oakville elementary kids

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
any suggestions? i'm considering using an Amish or mennonite girl in our home for her, but i'm not sure yet. i'd like to check out the after school care options. help!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know someone that had an Amish or Mennonite girl as a nanny of some sort and was very happy with her. Just keep in mind that they don't drive.

bluecat

Happyappygirl, menanite people do drive. Amish or Omish (same thing) do not.

My dad has ALOTof menanite friends and they are just like us, except they don't drink and they don't have a t.v. They have a radio for weather.

They do laugh, joke, carry on give one another a hard time.

I think your daughter would love it.

It would give her a chance to see how other people live and she would adjust.

I say go ahead and give it a shot.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
bluecat said:
Happyappygirl, menanite people do drive. Amish or Omish (same thing) do not.
My dad has ALOTof menanite friends and they are just like us, except they don't drink and they don't have a t.v. They have a radio for weather.
I think your daughter would love it.
It would give her a chance to see how other people live and she would adjust.
I say go ahead and give it a shot.

Hmm they live like me!! No TV for me yet either....Rott-N-cop hasn't run wiresyet :burning:.....Would the bus drop her off? Know anyone in the area??

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
PFgal said:
Dymphna is in that district and does daycare. You might check with her.
I thought she was near Lettie Dent and not Oakville. I don't think the Oakville bus will get anywhere near her house.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Ken King said:
I thought she was near Lettie Dent and not Oakville. I don't think the Oakville bus will get anywhere near her house.

Crap, I think you're right. Not sure what I was thinking! :bonk:

bluecat

happyappygirl said:
Hmm they live like me!! No TV for me yet either....Rott-N-cop hasn't run wiresyet :burning:.....Would the bus drop her off? Know anyone in the area??

Are you asking if the bus would drop off which child ?

You daughter to the menanite's home ?

Or

Will the bus drop off the menanite girl to your house to watch your daughter ?

K

Kain99

The Amish stick needles in crying brats tounge's! You're kid ought to be better behaved after the venture. :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
bluecat said:
You daughter to the menanite's home ?

Actually someone to come to the house to be there for when she comes home to start dinner for the family and help her with her homework until i come home would be nice......we just don't know any menanite families. Is that spelled right? :confused:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
happyappygirl said:
Actually someone to come to the house to be there for when she comes home to start dinner for the family and help her with her homework until i come home would be nice......we just don't know any menanite families. Is that spelled right? :confused:
Mennonites (<--correct spelling) have ways to get where they need to go. They do drive, and they have friends who will drive them. Depending on where you are there may be a way for her to get there by the St Mary's transit bus, but they don't go to public schools, if that's what you are thinking. You'd probably have to take her home in the evenings.

Sounds like you are definately looking for a nanny situation, but if you decide you want to find a home daycare provider, I can probably find someone with openings, PM me number and ages of kids and I can check around among the providers I know.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
NOW why would someone try to give me negative juju for this thread?? It came up BLUE so you must have no power over me..... :whip:
FESS UP mr/ms NO SIGNATURE.... :coffee: I'm waiting... :tap:

CMC122

Go Braves!
happyappygirl said:
NOW why would someone try to give me negative juju for this thread?? It came up BLUE so you must have no power over me..... :whip:
FESS UP mr/ms NO SIGNATURE.... :coffee: I'm waiting... :tap:
:lol: I got it too :lol: