Itinerary for Winter 2016/Spring 2017

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're leaving Solomons end of November, right after Thanksgiving. Monello will drive the motorhome and I'll follow behind him in the car. We're not towing because we want to take my car and it's not towable without a dolly, which we don't want to deal with. It's easier to do it this way.

Myrtle Beach - 2 weeks
Charleston, SC - 6 weeks
Jacksonville, FL - 1 week
Orlando, FL - 1 week
Sarasota, FL - 1 month
Gainesville, FL - 1 week
Panama Beach, FL - 1 month

At that point we'll put the motorhome in storage and take the car to Austin, TX to see the kids for a month. Then we'll come back, pick up the motorhome, and make our way to Gatlinburg, TN for at least a week, then come back to Solomons. Mid to late summer, we'll tourist our way up to Bar Harbor, ME and plan on being back here late October.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Vrai, I recommend that you forward your itinerary to FEMA for their natural disaster preparedness given how your last adventure played out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vrai, I recommend that you forward your itinerary to FEMA for their natural disaster preparedness given how your last adventure played out.

The good news is that we tend to usher in great weather wherever we go. It's just when we leave that the bad stuff happens.

:lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
One year, you'll have to plan a route thru all the quaint little New England areas during the fall. Or perhaps stall, and do that on your way back from Maine after next summer! New England is always gorgeous (except in the winter when there's no snow...then it's just drab and frikkin' cold). The few things I miss about living up there are all the cute little towns with their town center greens and family owned restaurants situated all around to walk to, and the architecture! For sure, the homes are truly lovely. :dance: Almost any road a mile from every highway is designated as a scenic route. And there's always the "Covered Bridge" routes/tours. I've been to a couple, it sounds so cliché but I just love them.

I think there's a few folks on here that know Maine a little better than me (I only visited the Belfast area, although multiple times, but I did briefly make it to Bar Harbor once!), but I can help you with Connecticut should you decide to spend a little time there :smile: