Planning a 3 month road trip

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You have to plan where you want to go on a road trip lasting 3 months. Where would you go? What route would you take? What sights would you visit? Why did you pick that route?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
If I were to do three months, with no specific time qualifier to be in a designated location, I'd vaguely map out my route in my mind with wanna see sites and historic places somewhere, sometime on the route. Just look at the time of year and intended destinations to determine clothing, and hit the road. Just have a watch on, a calendar, What you really, really want to see, and go for it. Have fun.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Easiest question, ever.

Load RV. Get in RV. Drive RV until you want to stop. Chill out until you want to get back in it, pick a spot, go there. Lather, rinse, repeat. When the number of days left before you need to be back equals the number of miles you can drive in that time, head home, looking for every possible excuse to not have to get back.

I'd do a cursory seasonal check, Winter route, Summer route, shoulder season route and try and be smart about that weather wise. That's about it. :buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You have to plan where you want to go on a road trip lasting 3 months. Where would you go? What route would you take? What sights would you visit? Why did you pick that route?

Can you nail down a season. Alaska is a fun place to visit, but not in the winter. Same with Arizona in the summer.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
load up the SUV with camping gear ....
.... drive back roads until I find an open fire road, cut across some mountain
.... probably camp for the night finish the route in the morning, hit the hard ball, drive down the road to the next fire road
.... rinse lather repeat

every 3rd or 4th day find a KOA or other camp ground for a shower ....

Loc: Va and WV

Time: Spring late March [if its not to cold] - late May early June [unless its getting up in the 90's already]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just look at the time of year and intended destinations to determine clothing

A travel tip:

I am a minimalist when it comes to packing. Sometimes to the point that I don't take everything I'll need. That's where Goodwill comes in. Most places have one, and if you find yourself inappropriately packed for the weather, a quick trip to Goodwill can fix that for a few bucks.

In the course of our maiden voyage, we hit GW no less than 6 times to get rid of stuff we didn't need and buy stuff we didn't think we'd need.

luvmygdaughters

Napa Valley winery tour comes to mind, or really, any local wineries in other states. Plan the trip according to the wineries.