Trump starts off in an incredibly weak position .....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Donald Trump — who likes to falsely claim a landslide win and has widely ridiculed suggestions that outside interference might have helped tipped the election — appears to be highly sensitive to the notion that his popular support might not be as broad, deep, and adulatory as he thinks it should be.

Two new polls out this morning suggest that he’s right to fear this: They find that Trump starts out in the weakest position of any president in decades. But it may be even worse than this. The polls also show that many of the things he’s about to do are also deeply unpopular.

First, the toplines. The new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that only 40 percent of Americans view Trump favorably, versus 54 percent who view him unfavorably. Those numbers are identical (40-54) on the question of whether Americans approve of how he’s handled the transition so far. Only 44 percent say Trump is qualified to serve as president."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/01/17/trump-starts-off-in-an-incredibly-weak-position-and-this-new-polling-suggests-it-might-get-worse/?utm_term=.685232afd6c4

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The new Washington Post-ABC News poll ....

....... was heavily over sampled to favor people responding they were democrats, when asked.

Never Gets Old.jpg

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Weak position.. Republican President, House and Senate.. gets to nominate a new SCOTUS..

He's got a mandate to stir the pot and make major changes..

Where is he starting from a weak position again..

oh.. and Mattis.. Weak?

Do tell me more..

vince77

yeah its got to be tough ..... there's USSC justice to nominate, Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican governors at record numbers to push his agenda....

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't know how the libprogs are still functioning. They have melted into little puddles, and, I for one, have a deaf ear to their whining. Get over it. Move on. Stop the divisiveness. Make America great again. Sheesh!

littlelady

God bless the USA
One more thing. Obama was/is incredibly weak. America is lucky it is still, somewhat, intact. Bye bye, Barry Sorostoro...I mean Soetoro!

PeoplesElbow

Even if Trump starts out in an incredibly weak position, it is still a hell of a lot stronger than Hillary's.