Hello Southern Maryland!

P

PeaceBabe

I am a former Southern Maryland resident. I was actually born and raised in Florence, Oregon and had the privilege of living in St. Mary's county while I attended St. Mary's College for 4 years. I always think fondly on my time spent there, it's a beautiful place loaded with so much history. I now live in Fairbanks Alaska where I teach yoga and spend much time painting the beautiful landscape.

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and let the residents of Southern Maryland know how much I appreciated my stay.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Hi.

Two things out of your post come to mind:

1) Most people consider living here to be a curse, not a privilege.
2) I see you enjoyed your stay. I do believe that they have medication for that. Maybe you should start a support group.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
PeaceBabe said:
I am a former Southern Maryland resident. I was actually born and raised in Florence, Oregon and had the privilege of living in St. Mary's county while I attended St. Mary's College for 4 years. I always think fondly on my time spent there, it's a beautiful place loaded with so much history. I now live in Fairbanks Alaska where I teach yoga and spend much time painting the beautiful landscape.

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and let the residents of Southern Maryland know how much I appreciated my stay.

:howdy: Might I ponder to guess you don't vote Republican very often? Either way I like it here too.

P

PeaceBabe

Vraiblonde, Palmer Alaska is about 320 miles from us here in Fairbanks. Kenai, is a bit farther, 500 miles or so, but it's very nice in Kenai, I've been down that way to see Mt. Redoubt.

Chain729, why would people consider living in Southern Maryland a curse? I don't quite understand your medication and support group phrase. I must be missing something.

Jazzlady, I like that smilie. Thanks! :peace:

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Chain729 said:
Hi.

Two things out of your post come to mind:

1) Most people consider living here to be a curse, not a privilege.
2) I see you enjoyed your stay. I do believe that they have medication for that. Maybe you should start a support group.

:yeahthat: :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
PeaceBabe said:
I now live in Fairbanks Alaska

:howdy:

You lucky dog, you!

Getting to see the northern lights in all their glory, while I just drool over the pics.

J

justhangn

Welcome to the asylum! :cheers:

What years were you in college in St Marys??

P

PeaceBabe

Sharon said:

You lucky dog, you!

Getting to see the northern lights in all their glory, while I just drool over the pics.

Thanks, but it's pretty in St. Mary's as well. I loved watching the sailboats on the water.

We're not seeing many of any kind of lights up here at the moment, we've got some substantial forest fires at the moment, and the smoke is clouding up everything.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hello PB!

Sharon said:

You lucky dog, you!

Maybe she'll tell you all about them while she's huddled in the house, burning all the furnature to keep warm, this winter. :lol:

P

PeaceBabe

justhangn said:
Welcome to the asylum! :cheers:

What years were you in college in St Marys??

Thanks. I was there from 2000-2003. Unfortunately, not a lot of time at all. My goal is to come back someday and finish up my degree in Art History.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Kyle said:
Maybe she'll tell you all about them while she's huddled in the house, burning all the furnature to keep warm, this winter. :lol:

The cold and the 6 months of darkness is too much to even consider a visit.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
PeaceBabe said:
Chain729, why would people consider living in Southern Maryland a curse? I don't quite understand your medication and support group phrase. I must be missing something.
It was a joke :shrug:

Note to self: Sarcasm must be layed on thick.

P

PeaceBabe

Chain729 said:
PeaceBabe said:
It was a joke :shrug:

Note to self: Sarcasm must be layed on thick.

I still don't understand it. :shrug: