Chysler Crossfire

lucaswebco

What does anyone think of the new Chylser Crossfire? I saw it and just fell in love with it. Great styling. Fast, cool looking.

meme

The Smart Hooker
My mom of all people bought herself one. She loves it. I haven't had a chance to see it yet (she's in MD and I'm in FL) but the ones I have seen on the road are pretty darn sweet.

Allergic2Socks

I think the Crossfire's are nice looking, but I haven't heard many good things about them performance wise. For the money you have much better options. If you want a sporty car, there are much better cars available in the price range. If you want a sporty 2 seater, I'd say go with the 350Z. It's considerably cheaper, first of all. The 350Z is also much better looking IMO. Also, Nissan has MUCH better reliability than Chrysler. Even though the Engine is manufactured by Mercedes Benz, the rest of the car isn't. Also, in a new Consumer Reports study, Japanese manufacturers lead the industry in the least amount of manufacturer defects by a far margin, even considerably more than BMW or Mercedes.
Look at this link
It's a direct comparison of the Chrysler Crossfire to the Nissan 350Z. The 350Z is overwhelmingly better in all ways. More power, lower price, better handling, better fuel economy. Also, something that is seldom known, if ANYTHING goes wrong with your Chrysler vehicle, there's a $100 Warranty deductible that you must pay for repairs. Not very cool. I'd hate to see you regretting your decision. Become an informed consumer. It's in your best interest!

- Chris

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
lucaswebco said:
What does anyone think of the new Chylser Crossfire? I saw it and just fell in love with it. Great styling. Fast, cool looking.

Nice car. A couple of Crossfire owners meet at A&W on Friday nights when the Corvettes are there. There is a small Crossfire club in the county, and if you get the ringleader guy to start talking about the car, he'll talk your ear off!

As for the 350Z, another nice car. Neither are as nice/fast/hot as a Corvette.

ACESRT04

THE OTHER
A Corvette isn't all that anymore either. The Crossfire SRT-6 is 330 h.p. only 20 h.p. less than a Vette. Granted the Crossfire is a little pricey but I have seen a ton more Vettes on the road than I have seen Crossfires.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
ACESRT04 said:
A Corvette isn't all that anymore either. The Crossfire SRT-6 is 330 h.p. only 20 h.p. less than a Vette. Granted the Crossfire is a little pricey but I have seen a ton more Vettes on the road than I have seen Crossfires.

Actually, in 2004, the Corvette Coupe and Convertible engine, the LS1 is 350hp out of the showroom. The Z06 (non-removable) Hard Top has an LS6 with 405hp out of the showroom.

In 2005, the Corvette has a new engine, the LS2 with 400hp out of the showroom. The Z06 will be replaced in 2006 or 2007, presumably with more HP than the regular Corvette.

Crossfire is a nice car - don't get me wrong. BUT, the 6 cyl doesn't scream American Muscle like the V8's in a vette. The top speed doesn't match up to the Corvette either. And, no matter how good it looks, or how fast it is, or how much you and I like it, Crossfire must still overcome the fact that it is a Chrysler product, even though they try to spin the Benz lineage.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
When I saw the Crossfire, I thought Chrysler was trying to recapture the spirit of the early '70s muscle cars they used to make, like the Charger and Challenger.

dustin

UAIOE
Tonio said:
When I saw the Crossfire, I thought Chrysler was trying to recapture the spirit of the early '70s muscle cars they used to make, like the Charger and Challenger.

That would be a Dodge Charger which I believe is due out next year (practically the same as the new Chrysler 300)