Taxes

smcdem

Taxes HAD to be risen. This is dure to the fact that the county didn't have enough money due to to the 94-98 board. Base closeures will happen in 2005. We need someone who has strong connections to the base. I knwo the local govt. has little influence in the decisions, but anything can help. (I am talking bout Randall BTW)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NO! NO! Don't you understand, Bch, that Julie Randall is sooooo powerful that she could influence Congress and keep Pax from being shut down?

smcdem

Sorry to break it to you guys, it'll go like this 52% Randall 48% Mckay.
Have a nice day
BTW KKT wins in landslide we all know it:biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey, girl - dreaming is still free! But I think you're right that it's gonna be a close between McKay and Randall.

K

Kain99

Randall Mckay

O.K. you guys, brace yourselves... It's Randall or McKay. Mckay the theif or Randall the smiling bandit! We are screwed on both counts, so vote intelligently for the rest of the Board to keep the President in check!

Sorry guys gotta puke!:barf:

smcdem

ha...very funny

I am not an old woman. I can't even vote. Hell im just a sophomore at Ryken. Anyway Mckay is a joke, the way how he walked around the fair with his possy, thinking he owns the place. I wouldn't want a criminal like him in office, who doesn't even have the balls to comment on his past!:flush:

Delilah903

'''MEOWWW''

BCH,

DO YOU ALWAYS DRINK YOUR MILK FROM A DISH???

Despite what you may think, there are other opinions and views on this forum that have merit. It seems that most of your time is spent trying to make the other participants feel less than intelligent and that their input has no value.

Just because they don't happen to share your views, does not make them wrong!!:boo:

wildcat

High Schoolers These Days

Hey smcdem:

Tattoos, nipple-piercings, drugs, alcohol. I know you high school kids are getting into some crazy stuff... But, stay away from that Democrat talk - it will destroy your mind.

:razz2:

It is nice that you have an interest in politics at your age. We will work on the details later.

MDindef

Re: '''MEOWWW''

Originally posted by Delilah903
BCH,

DO YOU ALWAYS DRINK YOUR MILK FROM A DISH???

Despite what you may think, there are other opinions and views on this forum that have merit. It seems that most of your time is spent trying to make the other participants feel less than intelligent and that their input has no value.

Just because they don't happen to share your views, does not make them wrong!!:boo:
Watch out Delilah, not it's going to be aimed at you! And she's got friends on this board that will back up what she says, right or wrong.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Smcdem,

Interesting points of view from one so young. First off, you said, “Taxes HAD to be risen.” No they didn’t, spending could have been cut or user fees established for many activities. There could have been lay offs or other means to get the budget under control. Raising taxes is usually the quickest way for politicians to gain a fiscal advantage. That is until people and businesses move or new ones decide not to come here. Which usually makes the matter worse then what they were trying to fix. You also blame this on the group of people who were in office when you were what 7 or 8 years old. I am sure you have an accurate memory of that and speak with authority, NOT.

Also you speak of BRAC in 2005 and you seem to believe that we are vulnerable at Patuxent River. If you knew anything about the work, the reorganization from the previous BRAC, the continued growth at Patuxent, and the strong support we already have in Congress I doubt if you would spew such nonsense. We survived on our ability and the fact that we do a lot of work a hell of a lot less expensive then it can be done anywhere else. We also have unique capabilities that aren’t duplicated anywhere else, a main factor of consideration in the closure process. As far as Ms. Randall helping out I think you are simply dreaming with that thought and have only been led to support her because of her connection with your teachers. You don’t have enough experience to know.

Based on a quick grammatical overview of your writings I would say that as a high school student you should leave politics alone and concentrate on your studies. It is obvious that you want to play at being a grown-up, but until you obtain a little more experience and skills you should go back to your dolls, skateboard, or whatever you kids do these days and leave the real world to the actual grown-ups.

Delilah903

Courtesy

So Bch, I assume you were born chatting on this Forum. Anyone who doesn't have at least a thousand posts is not really a player. I can assure you that even after Nov. 5, I will still be here voicing my opinions loud and clear. Actually this is one of the only outlets left to the average citizen since being "Politically Correct" became such an issue.

As far as plugging my candidate on this forum, I no longer have a candidate in the running. I do believe our choices for BOCC President are not very good but we will make the best of a bad situation.

I have tried very hard not to let the expression of my opinions and ideas infringe on anyone else's rights to express their's. All I would ask is that everyone else posting on this forum show the same courtesy.

MDindef

BchBns, you're mean, but I can take it. On this issue, as before, I happen to agree with you and others. I was pointing out to Delilah though that you have friends that will stand up for you. You took that as an insult?

Obviously, this thread was started to address the ever increasing tax situation. I enjoyed and concur with Ken King's comments, with this exception: Even with questionable grammar, a viable opinion is okay.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by MDindef
I enjoyed and concur with Ken King's comments, with this exception: Even with questionable grammar, a viable opinion is okay.

My point was that this school kid should spend time working on skills they will need later in life and since they have no "viable voice" in an election they should concentrate their efforts elsewhere.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by BchBns
... I'm not saying it's impossible for a teen to have an interest in politics, but it's not likely, either....
It happens. I had a mild interest in politics by 10th grade. The Jimmy Carter election. Used to look across the dinner table and shake my head at my parents after they voted for him. :lmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

see what I mean cari!!! :biggrin: :wink:
Now I said... "THEY" voted for him... Not me! :lmao:

I thought Ford should be forgiven for pardoning Nixon... :lmao:

wildcat

smcdem

I am pretty sure smcdem is a kid. First of all, why would an adult want to appear as a child. Adult opinions usually carry more weight. I can see how a child would want to appear as an adult in these forums, but not the other way around. Second, smcdem references a "possy" in one of his posts. I think that is a sign of his age (rapper type reference).

I think smcdem has been influenced by some adult Democrats. That is why his points have substance (though I disagree with most of them).

Some of the responses to smcdem are a little tough. Remember, if he is a kid then I don't think we should be insulting his intelligence.

I would rather error on the side of thinking he is a kid. Go easy on smcdem.

wildcat

The Kid

"This isn't the school yard where you run and tell the teacher that little johnny called you a name ." - BchBns

Okay! Let's all pig-pile on the kid! BchBns said it was okay.

:mad:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... This isn't the school yard where you run and tell the teacher that little johnny called you a name :rolleyes:
In light of some of the events on the forum over the summer... It just might be! :lmao: