Headliner

R

rhumbpunch

The headliner in my vehicle has got a case of the sags. Anyone know of an easy way to repair, or perhaps a replacement kit, and where you might find one?

TIA
RP

L

libragirl

rhumbpunch said:
The headliner in my vehicle has got a case of the sags. Anyone know of an easy way to repair, or perhaps a replacement kit, and where you might find one?

TIA
RP
thumb tacks lol :killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
rhumbpunch said:

TIA
RP

Check out www.ebay.com

or...

JC Whitney catalogs usually have that sort of thing. Check them out online.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It's not that tough but it is a PITA because after removing the headliner from the car and removing the old material you have to get all the old rubber padding off the molded piece prior to gluing down the new material. This site claims to sell kits to do it http://www.wlsheadliners.com/ .

R

rhumbpunch

You folks are on a roll today :lol:

I have actually tried chewing gum, but damn its hard on the jaws, and looks really stupid with all of those wads of gum flying in the breeze!

Thanks BL and Ken.

H

HollowSoul

rhumbpunch said:

TIA
RP
walmart has your solution......they have a spray-on fabric adhesive in the crafts dept......just remove the whole head panel, gently remove the liner, spray the adhesive in the panel, place liner on panel and smooth out the wrinkles......re-install.......problemb solved

unixpirate

Pitty Party
just remove the whole head panel

You actually don't even have to remove the headliner. Get some rubber gloves, spray the Adhesive everywhere its falling and even the parts that are not, then take the cap and use it to smooth out the wrinkles.
Even a soda can or beer can will work to roll out the wrinkles.
:coffee: its time. be back

R

rhumbpunch

unixpirate said:
You actually don't even have to remove the headliner. Get some rubber gloves, spray the Adhesive everywhere its falling and even the parts that are not, then take the cap and use it to smooth out the wrinkles.
Even a soda can or beer can will work to roll out the wrinkles.
:coffee: its time. be back

That makes it so much mo easier, thanks again, was trying to send some K-ma, but the puter told me I had to spread the wealth.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
rhumbpunch said:

TIA
RP
You could try ACE Upholstry in Waldorf or Walkers Upholsry in California?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
rhumbpunch said:

TIA
RP
Do you have a really ooooold car? I've only seen that happen once, wait twice before, and both cars were built in the ice ages. :peace:

dustin

UAIOE
Or just take the headliner off completely and never reinstall it. Thats what i plan to do to my jetta when the rest of it decides to fall down. :lol:

R

rhumbpunch

Chasey_Lane said:
Do you have a really ooooold car? I've only seen that happen once, wait twice before, and both cars were built in the ice ages. :peace:

Not quite the ice ages, its a 94. don't think the factory job was to great. Also, with all of the humidity, and not always running the AC, it screws with the glue.

Diggin the Avatar