More then one child

meme

The Smart Hooker
I have a question for all you mommies out there with more then one child. I heard and it could be an old wives tale that usually the second, third and so on usually delivers earlier opposed to your first child.

How many of you out there actually had your second or third baby earlier then your due date? :banana:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Not me:ohwell:

I've never went into labor on my own:shrug:

Luckily I worked with the doctor for #2 and #3 and she induced on my due dates:diva: (thank God she did because they were biguns!!(and so were the babies!)

Last edited:
meme said:
I have a question for all you mommies out there with more then one child. I heard and it could be an old wives tale that usually the second, third and so on usually delivers earlier opposed to your first child.

How many of you out there actually had your second or third baby earlier then your due date? :banana:
Nice try... but it really is just an old wives tale. That baby ain't coming out 'til it's ready. :bubble:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
kwillia said:
Nice try... but it really is just an old wives tale. That baby ain't coming out 'til it's ready. :bubble:
:yeahthat:

My third and last they had to induce me after his due date. he was a stobborn little guy and didn't want to be born yet.(And he really wasn't little either)

CMC122

Go Braves!
Actually, it isn't an old wives tale, just doesn't happen as often as they make it sound. You will probably have a shorter labor though. Your body has a memory and once those hormone's are released it get's ready to boogie much faster than the first time!

G

geminigrl

I have 4 kids. My kids came at 40,39,37, and 39 weeks. And my 4th was 17 hours, longer then the other 3 put together. Well good luck.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Didn't you have complications with the 4th one?

Anyway not many people follow "textbook" births:lol: It's just a rule of thumb:wink:

L

libragirl

my son was born 2 months early (5lbs 9 oz) havent worked on # 2 yet

L

libragirl

ill give you credit. 17 hours you are one tough cookie

Last edited by a moderator:
G

geminigrl

CMC122 said:
Didn't you have complications with the 4th one?

Anyway not many people follow "textbook" births:lol: It's just a rule of thumb:wink:

Complications, no. Had a big baby that's why my labor was 17 hours. .

meme

The Smart Hooker
I went into labor with my daughter my exact due date. She was 8lbs and 8oz. Not to bad.

This one...I would just like him to come before the hurricane hits. :dance:

G

geminigrl

meme said:
I went into labor with my daughter my exact due date. She was 8lbs and 8oz. Not to bad.

This one...I would just like him to come before the hurricane hits. :dance:

Cool , I had my son at 39 weeks he was 9lbs 3 ozs, never again, lol.

When is the next hurricane due?

meme

The Smart Hooker
geminigrl said:
Cool , I had my son at 39 weeks he was 9lbs 3 ozs, never again, lol.

When is the next hurricane due?

I don't think it's suppose to hit until next week. I'm trying to track it but it's still to early. I'm still recovering from Hurricane Charley. I have my fingers cross that it bypasses us. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
meme said:

I'm not a mommy, but have been present for all phases of conception to delivery on four kids.. and would disagree.. First was Preemie.. second was CLOSER to due date but still early.. third was about right.. fourth was induced two weeks past. and then Goldilocks said.. THIS one is juuuuuuust right!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Labor seemed to get better baby by baby.. but hell, I don't know what the big deal is.. I never felt a thing..

meme

The Smart Hooker
itsbob said:
I'm not a mommy, but have been present for all phases of conception to delivery on four kids.. and would disagree.. First was Preemie.. second was CLOSER to due date but still early.. third was about right.. fourth was induced two weeks past. and then Goldilocks said.. THIS one is juuuuuuust right!!

:killingme

JabbaJawz

Be about it
My 1st labor was pretty long...over 30 hours. Labor #2 started at 3am and I had her at 8:38am. :yikes: I didn't even get to the hospital until just after 6am. If I have another baby I'm camping out at the hospital just in case. :lmao: