It's Mating Season For Colorado Tarantulas

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Entomologists say spiders are so prevalent that you're never more than three feet away from one, anywhere you go. That realization may cause some residents of Colorado Springs to be even more jittery.

Tarantulas have been spotted in several neighborhoods in the south end of the city as mating season for the venomous spiders begins.

While tarantulas usually prefer more wide-open, arid conditions farther south of Colorado Springs where they can easily spot prey, the warm, dry weather in recent years may be pushing them farther north when they look for mates.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3691014/detail.html

Jameo

What?!
Sharon said:
Entomologists say spiders are so prevalent that you're never more than three feet away from one, anywhere you go. That realization may cause some residents of Colorado Springs to be even more jittery.

Tarantulas have been spotted in several neighborhoods in the south end of the city as mating season for the venomous spiders begins.

While tarantulas usually prefer more wide-open, arid conditions farther south of Colorado Springs where they can easily spot prey, the warm, dry weather in recent years may be pushing them farther north when they look for mates.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3691014/detail.html

No pictures for RR and HollowSoul? :lmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Sharon said:

I thought tarantulas were non-poisonous. :shrug: So many have them as pets...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
I thought tarantulas were non-poisonous. :shrug: So many have them as pets...

It helps to read the articles since we can't copy the whole thing. :neener:

Tarantula venom is not poisonous to humans and the spiders are slow to bite.

H

HollowSoul

this is why i left the area.....only 1 summer was enough for me