Alien vs. Predator (no spoilers)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Having seen all the Alien and Predator movies, I just had to go see this one. I never read the reviews before seeing a movie, but I did ask my son how he liked it when he saw it. He told me it was "boring after the first 5 minutes".

He should get a job as a critic. I actually liked the movie. :lol: Not that it'll be labeled as a great piece of motion picture history but you already know what to expect and you get it.

Guess who wins? :whistle:

Gooseneck

The best line was in Alien. "Game over, man."

When I first saw the preview of Alien vs Predator, all I could think of was the old "Abbott and Costello meet Whatever" movies.

Toxick

Splat
lucaswebco said:
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. But I'll definitely check it out.

It was much better than I was expecting. Much better by a fair margin. I thought it was going to suck ass, but this movie was easily on par with the movies that spawned it, much to my surprise and delight.

There are serveral of those stand up and cheer moments in this movie. The first time that an Alien and Predator are face to face on the same screen was a pretty electrifying moment.

I give it two thumbs up

:yay: :yay:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
I'll have to check that one out. I thought the Predator was the greatest alien villain of all time and was glad to hear it was making one more round.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
I really liked it. It was better than I thought it would be. The kids (especially my son) loved the movie.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Gooseneck said:
When I first saw the preview of Alien vs Predator, all I could think of was the old "Abbott and Costello meet Whatever" movies.
:lol: Aren't they trying to bring Ash from the Evil Dead series into the mix? And how about Jason vs. Freddie? It's like horror movies are turning into WWE. How about "Alien vs. Nemo"? Or "Freddie vs. Marty McFly"? Or "Predator vs. Adam Sandler"?

The worst part is that the horror in the original Alien was based in sexual imagery, supplied by H.R. Giger. Aliens was more of an action movie--not necessarily a bad thing, but not in the spirit of the original.