This really sucks

Pete

Repete
Well I went ahead and called the dentist to schedule boys tooth to be pulled. I was being all brave and everything until she said Tuesday at 1:50. This Tuesday? Yes. Now I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was hoping for longer to deal with the angst of having to put boy through that but it needs to get done. I would rather have them pull my tooth. I am not going to tell him until Tuesday morning so he doesn't fret.

Lost Soul

Go for Tuesday the sooner you get it behind him the better off both of you will be. Did you decide to go with the sedation or not?

Pete

Repete
Lost Soul said:
Go for Tuesday the sooner you get it behind him the better off both of you will be. Did you decide to go with the sedation or not?
No we are going to be manly men and do local. He has had a filling before and that took over 30 minutes and he did fine, the Doc said this one will take 15 minutes max. I did not see any need in going through the IV and sedation and all the recovery for a 15 minute procedure.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Well I went ahead and called the dentist to schedule boys tooth to be pulled. I was being all brave and everything until she said Tuesday at 1:50. This Tuesday? Yes. Now I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was hoping for longer to deal with the angst of having to put boy through that but it needs to get done. I would rather have them pull my tooth. I am not going to tell him until Tuesday morning so he doesn't fret.
Don't fret Pete, it will be okay. Maybe you can get one done too so that you and Boy share the experience. Just keep it all light when discussing it with him. It needs doing and the sooner the better.

Don't forget to send a note to school with him Tuesday morning letting them know you will be picking him up early. I remember when I would show up unexpected at the school to pick up one of the kids they usually were grumpy about it.

Lost Soul

Pete said:
No we are going to be manly men and do local. He has had a filling before and that took over 30 minutes and he did fine, the Doc said this one will take 15 minutes max. I did not see any need in going through the IV and sedation and all the recovery for a 15 minute procedure.

The manly thing is probably the better way to go since he has had a filling before. No sense in teaching him to do drugs this young everytime he runs into one of lifes little bumps. Have him wait till he gets our age for that :smile:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Pete said:

My youngest had a huge cavity and they gave him laughing gas when they drilled and filled it. He was so funny. He was scared at first but then it was even hard for the dentist not to laugh at him because of some of the stuff he was trying to do and say. :lmao:

Elle

Happy Camper!
kwillia said:
It's all good... be sure to flash his mouth out regularly to avoid infection. :yay:
And if need be Tigg knows first aid so she can help

Hope all goes smoothly for him (and you)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pete, he'll be fine - you'll see. As to whether he should be knocked out or not, my daughter REALLY didn't like being sedated. She's had a lot of work done (you should have seen them teeth - yikes) and she got a local and headphones every time after that first trauma of being knocked out.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
Pete, he'll be fine - you'll see. As to whether he should be knocked out or not, my daughter REALLY didn't like being sedated. She's had a lot of work done (you should have seen them teeth - yikes) and she got a local and headphones every time after that first trauma of being knocked out.
:whistle: Gee, when I was that young, my father would give me a couple of shots of whiskey first; then he'd tie a string around the tooth in question and sit me down in a chair.
Then he'd tie the other end of the string to an open door, about 10-12 feet away, making it tight, He'd yell "You ready?"

Then he'd slam the door shut: wham!!

The sound of the door slamming shut took away any pain, and out came the tooth.

Another shot of whiskey and maybe some Listerine, and I was fixed.

What's the problem? :razz: