It is over....

Pete

Repete
We are done :yay: boy was a trooper. They hooked him up with the gas and he claimed not to feel anything but he layed there like a lump of meat with that "far away stare". :lol: They swabbed him good and proper with the topical and went with the needle, a tiny little thing hooked to a pump. He never felt a thing. He even asked the doc when he was getting the shot. :lol: Then they went after the tooth, a bit of blood, some harsh creaking and grinding noises and he got it out. Nothing delicate about it. Some gause and he was ready to go. What a effing relief, I did my best "this isn't a big deal, it will be fine" act. He was still numbed up and he was raring to go to Big K for the promised Yu Gi Oh duel disk and booster packs. Off to LT to get the tylenol 3 at CVS. By the time we got there the numbness was wearing off and he started complaining of pain. He is on the couch with 1/2 a pain pill in him, slurping down some cold peaches waiting for the jello to get firm.

I am glad it is over. I am sure he will be sore tonight and possible tomorrow. The tooth was funky, looked like a long cone that came to a blount point. The damn thing was almost an inch long and ugly. Not Larry Gude wisdom tooth ugly but ugly none the less. the other doc in the office took a picture of it for a paper he is writing on the subject.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Glad it went well. The noises are great aren't they. Did you get a chance to mess with him a little?

Pete

Repete
Ken King said:
Glad it went well. The noises are great aren't they. Did you get a chance to mess with him a little?
Nah he was a little nervous so I let him be. I was almost in worse shape. I will never learn but since I am super dad I get to worry extra, it's my job.

K

Kizzy

I am so glad everything went well. What a relief, now he can recover and get that new tooth in. :yay:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Oh yeah, how much is the tooth fairy hitting you up for? I'm many years out of touch and the grandkids are getting to the age where I am sure I will be hit again. So, do you have to get a second mortgage on the house to pay the going rate yet?

K

Kizzy

I just want to know if you broke down and saved that sucker?

Pete

Repete
Ken King said:
Oh yeah, how much is the tooth fairy hitting you up for? I'm many years out of touch and the grandkids are getting to the age where I am sure I will be hit again. So, do you have to get a second mortgage on the house to pay the gowing rate yet?
Well the first tooth was $5 after that is was a buck a tooth. Today in a tender moment that only a dad and his kid can share, I spilled the beans that I, yes I am the tooth fairy. I had to because I told him that since this tooth had to be yanked out by a dentist he would get a pretty good pize for it. His speculation as to what level of prize continued to grow and I was looking at having to sell things to afford the Yu Gi Oh crap he wanted. This tooth cost me $21.50 for a battling deck or some such foolishness. Foolishness my parents now goad me over because of some comment I made many years ago about my nephew buying that crap.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Pete said:
Well the first tooth was $5 after that is was a buck a tooth. Today in a tender moment that only a dad and his kid can share, I spilled the beans that I, yes I am the tooth fairy. I had to because I told him that since this tooth had to be yanked out by a dentist he would get a pretty good pize for it. His speculation as to what level of prize continued to grow and I was looking at having to sell things to afford the Yu Gi Oh crap he wanted. This tooth cost me $21.50 for a battling deck or some such foolishness. Foolishness my parents now goad me over because of some comment I made many years ago about my nephew buying that crap.
Since you spilled the beans now you can get him a camo-jungle cap and start mounting his battle trophies on it. His buddies will love it.

Pete

Repete
RoseRed said:
How is boy doing today?
He is doing fine. Only 1/2 a pain pill yesterday right after the numbness wore off. He was playing around and goofing until bed time. Slept well and was fine this morning. Now I have all this jello I don't know what to do with. Hey.....what you doing later? :really: