Exercise

willie

How come all you fatties only talk about food? Stop just lifting those 10oz weights and do some swimming. It's done wonders for me.

Attachments

• 254.jpg
    254.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 174
J

justhangn

willie said:
How come all you fatties only talk about food? Stop just lifting those 10oz weights and do some swimming. It's done wonders for me.
I lift weights at least three days a week and I'm still fat..........

Steak, potatoes, corn and rice........Dang, there I go again. :banghead:

TrainHer

Urrg

willie said:
Being FAT isn't always beacuse you eat all the time!!!!
Some people have a sedatary type job or life style,
Some people have thyroid issues
There are many differnt reasons, shoot You can gain weight from NOT eating enough, like eating supper and skipping breakfast and dinner
some people don't have time to work out and produce healthy meals
So really you shouldn't steriotype people

Lost Soul

willie said:

I drop the 10oz and went to 12oz and haven't seen any weight loss yet :cheers:

K

Kizzy

willie said:

:tantrum: Stop posting pictures of my last pool party.

And Rose :blahblah: :blahblah: :shutup: :razz:

SamSpade

willie said:

Good for you! But for most overweight people, swimming isn't the best exercise for weight loss. They're far more buoyant (which is GREAT relief for backs and knees) and most movement in the water does not strengthen muscles a lot unless you swim several miles, which overweight people do not have the lung capacity or stamina for.

Second, unless the pool is heated to close to body temperature, heat is poorly transferred to the pool from the body, because the cool water temperature causes the blood vessels to constrict enough to impede heat loss. No heat loss - the "burn" - poor calorie consumption.

That's not to say that water exercise does NOTHING. It's excellent for maintaining good muscle tone for those who don't normally get a lot of exercise. It can greatly assist obese persons whose knees are far too damaged to do much walking. But it's not a weight loss exercise.