Dc 9/11

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Dc 9/11: A Time of Crisis

My roommate rented this from the video store last night, and I caught the middle 3rd of it before I went to bed.

Basically it's the story of the events behind closed doors around President Bush in the week after 9/11. Conversations and meetings with advisors, conversations with Laura, and some key events such as congressional speeches, and his trip to Ground Zero... all acted out in a movie format.

I only caught the middle third, and I can't vouch for its accuracy of the conversations behind closed doors, but it actually used real footage and had the chronological sequence down to a T. It seemed like a fair portrayal of Bush, the Bush cabinet, and they did an especially nice job with Laura. I wonder if they used real interviews to piece together those conversations.

I thought the actors who played Rumsfeld and Powell sucked though. Rummy looked the part but his voice sounded nasally and I couldn't get past it. The guy who played Powell didn't resemble him at all in speaking mannerisms or appearance. But Condi seemed pretty accurate.

Anyway... from what I saw, not a bad pickup for those interested, even the dems among us. I for one would like to see what the other party thinks of it, since I thought it seemed fair.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sleuth said:
Saw it ad reviewed it (sort of). Amazon.com is starting to piss me off with their liberal bullcrap. I go to my recommendation page and it's FILLED with crap like "Stupid White Men" and Hillary fan books. I click the link "Why did we recommend this?" and it says it was recommended because I bought "Bias" by Bernard Goldberg and a couple of Tammy Bruce books. Interestingly enough, "Unfit For Command" didn't appear on my list - but "Against All Enemies" did.

HELLO??

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
Saw it ad reviewed it (sort of). Amazon.com is starting to piss me off with their liberal bullcrap. I go to my recommendation page and it's FILLED with crap like "Stupid White Men" and Hillary fan books. I click the link "Why did we recommend this?" and it says it was recommended because I bought "Bias" by Bernard Goldberg and a couple of Tammy Bruce books. Interestingly enough, "Unfit For Command" didn't appear on my list - but "Against All Enemies" did.

HELLO??
Go Vrai! :patriot: