Motorcyclist Arrested For Driving 205 MPH

dustin

UAIOE
Well at least he was wearin his gear :shrug:

I'm surprised a CBR 1000 would be able to make it to 205...i think that figure is a little high, considering he was clocked from the air with a stopwatch...

K

Kizzy

dustin said:

I'm surprised a CBR 1000 would be able to make it to 205...i think that figure is a little high, considering he was clocked from the air with a stopwatch...
Do roller coasters even go that fast?

:yikes:

K

Kizzy

IM4Change said:
Do roller coasters even go that fast?

:yikes:
Actually, I think I know the answer to my own question. Doesn't the fastest roller coaster in the world only go 80 MPH?

205 MPH, UFB.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Two Wheel Tuesday was discussing this last night and said that without extensive modifications ther's no way he could hit 205 mph, but that the cops were sticking with their story.

willie

aps45819 said:
Two Wheel Tuesday was discussing this last night and said that without extensive modifications ther's no way he could hit 205 mph, but that the cops were sticking with their story.
some of the motorcycle forums are saying the same thing. This whole thing might get thrown out of court.

IM4Change said:
Actually, I think I know the answer to my own question. Doesn't the fastest roller coaster in the world only go 80 MPH?

205 MPH, UFB.
According to an AP story on WTOP, "Six Flags Great Adventure is opening the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster this spring _ a thrill ride that accelerates to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and rises 456 feet off the ground."

CMC122

Go Braves!
huntr1 said:
According to an AP story on WTOP, "Six Flags Great Adventure is opening the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster this spring _ a thrill ride that accelerates to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and rises 456 feet off the ground."
Holy Crap! :yikes:

Hot N Bothered

dustin said:
You don't know that. The article says
Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death at 200 mph.

Cletus_Vandam

Hot N Bothered said:
You don't know that. The article says

"courting death at 200 mph". Is this person on the pipe? @200 mph you're not courting death, your courting whether or not there's going to be a distinquishable body part once you stop being ground against the pavement.... People who talk about spped and bikes should know what their talking about before making a stupid comment like this. Bike riders are courting death as soon as we/they leave the confines of their garage. It's the risk you pay for the enjoyment of the ride.

I driven bikes up to 145 when I was younger-laid one down at 50; But, over 200 m.p.h., no. I can't imagine there being too much difference between the feeling of hitting the asphalt at 145 vs 200. You'll most likely be dead before you stop rolling at either speed.

dustin

UAIOE
MotoGP and World SBK riders have crashed at speeds approaching 145mph. Sure there have been deaths but the majority have lived. The gear makes all the difference.

K

Kizzy

huntr1 said:

I am so there. :getdown:

My son told me that the Scar Face roller coaster was way too fast for me. I said oh so you think I'm chicken. He said yes, so it was on. I rode that sucker and he has not called me a chicken since.

I'm afraid of heights but I'll get on a roller coaster in a New York minute.

Petter Solberg

The gear sure does make a difference.
Fortunately when I high sided my FZR in the canyon my helmet saved my head and face. The face shield was tore up from my sliding on the ground face first. Unfortunately I didn't have leathers on so I got a fair amount of road rash and ruined my $100 diesel jeans :lol:

dustin said:
MotoGP and World SBK riders have crashed at speeds approaching 145mph. Sure there have been deaths but the majority have lived. The gear makes all the difference.

F

fishn guy

Anyone who rides fast knows that anything over 140 you stop looking at the speedo. Once the break in the lines stop your haulin azz. On that bike, unless the guys really light there is no way he could hit 205. IMPOSSIBLE.

I'll believe111. but not 205