NASCAR Diversity

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I really don't understand this Any one can buy a ticket and go to a race.....Any one that is QUALIFIED can apply and get a job on any team....Any one can fly whatever flag they want over their camper or motorhome....Any one can root for any driver they want to....Any one with enough money can start a team...There are now tracks all over the country....I don't understand this diversity thing....Please help me.. :confused:

SmallTown

Football season!
Dupontster said:
I really don't understand this Any one can buy a ticket and go to a race.....Any one that is QUALIFIED can apply and get a job on any team....Any one can fly whatever flag they want over their camper or motorhome....Any one can root for any driver they want to....Any one with enough money can start a team...There are now tracks all over the country....I don't understand this diversity thing....Please help me.. :confused:
I don't know why anyone but whities would want to be in NASCAR. Thats like having Tiger Woods join the KKK.

Whites use to have five sports. Ice Hockey, Basketball, Football, Golf, NASCAR.

Now, they only have two. Hockey and NASCAR. I say let it be.

K

Kain99

"We strive to remove the barriers of racial discrimination permitted by NASCAR, its sponsors and race teams," it said.
I can only guess Dup... but here's my spin. NASCAR will forever be a deep south sport. Doesn't matter how many tracks they build or how large the get. "Born in the south." Since we all know that all southerners are bigots it opens the doors for the minorities to start screaming foul!

I'll be honest, nothing irritates me more than the way some of these groups segregate themselves!

All of your facts are right Dup... They are welcome to watch, race, and tailgate right along side us rebels.

This ridiculous stuff needs to stop.

This post has been Edited on second thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Kain99 said:
Nascar does not serve Watermelon at the tracks, but KFC is now sponsoring Dale Earnhardt Jr's Busch series entry so they are making progress...

Looks like some folks were in before the edit... :razz:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I agree with Kain's take on this issue ...There are no height/race/sex/sexual orientation/religious/etc. restrictions before you can buy a ticket to a race, OR drive a car (that requires talent).

Nascar is slowly letting go of its southern roots by ending historical races at tracks like Darlington and Rockingham and giving these dates to Texas and California in an effort to "expand" to markets to provide "more fan enjoyment" ... which to me, translates into "abandon our roots for the sake of diversity and mo' money." :ohwell:

Unfortunately, I see Nascar going the same route as the country ... slowly starting to cave in to the political correctness that is slowly sucking the life out of this country. :frown: It's the colorful, outspoken, individuality of nacscar fans and drivers that I enjoy when I go to the races ... I've yet to visit a track and see some hooded cracka with rebel flags and a noose offering to hang black folks. :rolleyes:

tater

crabcake said:
I've yet to visit a track and see some hooded cracka with rebel flags and a noose offering to hang black folks. :rolleyes:

You shoulda went to Charlotte :wink:
Just playin, they weren't hooded.

Seriously though, I did see a few "African-Americans" at Dover last weekend. I think the diversity thing is working. Imagine how it will be when/if Bill Lester makes it to Cup.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Kain99 said:
Well, the spinners would get in the way of the pit crew trying to change the tires, and slow down the pit stops, and those things that make the car bounce as it drives down the road are outlawed by NASCAR...

:angel:

Danzig

SmallTown said:

Do you know who the scoring leader in the NHL was last year? Do you know what color he is?

crabcake

Solution for Diversity/Discrimination

No matter what the venue, the occasion, the event, the location, whatever ... discrimination will NOT go away until those who are a party to that particular group stop MAKING it an issue! So long as there are blacks who call eachother by the "N" word ... so long as religious groups keep closing their doors to non-believers ... so long as women keep promoting "Women's" groups/meetings/etc. ... so long as minorities keep pushing for quotas so they can just "get" a job vs. actually being the best qualified ... discrimination will NOT go away. Those who push for those things (quotas, special meetings/events for women, etc) are the ones who keep discrimination alive and well today ... not freakin' NASCAR.

Hell, races are about the ONLY place I've been where anyone and everyone is welcome regardless of what race/sex/religion/whatever you are ... so long as you have a cooler full of cold beer, of course. :cheers:

:stepsdownoffsoapbox:

crabcake

Danzig said:
Assists are points

learn something new every day :lightbulb:

so you guys mean to tell me that a coach/hiring person for a hockey team would really turn away a star player ... someone who scored at the majority of his attempts/assists and was a far superior player than anyone else they were looking at hiring who was white ... simply b/c he is black? :confused:

I don't think I agree with that belief, if that's the case. What coach/owner is going to hire a bunch of white people who can't play over a black person who can if it will cause the team to subsequently lose and suck azz all season and cost the owner/franchise/whatever it's called more money? :confused:

The whole point is to win ... so you take the best players, regardless of race ... to do otherwise is simply stupidity and poor management on the owner's/coach's part, and neither of them wants to go broke, I'd think. :ohwell:

Danzig

Ok, he was was Goal leader, not top scorer last year (brain fart) but ANY team would want this guy, they would not care black or white.

2003-04 NHL - Maurice "Rocket" Richard (Goals Leader) (shared with Rick Nash and Ilya Kovalchuk)
2003-04 NHL - King Clancy Memorial Trophy (Humanitarian of the Year)
2003-04 NHL - Second All-Star Team
2003-04 Played in NHL All-Star
2002-03 Played in NHL All-Star
2001-02 NHL - Lester B. Person Award (Player of the Year selected by the NHLPA)
2001-02 NHL - Art Ross Trophy (Leading Scorer)
2001-02 NHL - Maurice "Rocket" Richard (Goals Leader)
2001-02 NHL - First All-Star Team
2001-02 Played in NHL All-Star
2001-02 Olympic Gold Medal (2002-CAN)
1996-97 NHL - All-Rookie Team
1995-96 CHL - First All-Star Team (Canadian Major Junior)
1995-96 WHL - Four Broncos Memorial Trophy (MVP)
1995-96 WHL - First All-Star Team
1994-95 Memorial Cup - George Parsons Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike Player)

It shows that any player can do well, it has nothing to do with race.

http://www.nhl.com/lineups/player/8462042.html

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
crabcake said:
:stepsdownoffsoapbox:
You're on the right track, as it were. While there is some racism out there, too many people assume that the South hasn't changed since the '50s when stock car racing was getting started. They see the Confederate flag and assume the people flying it want to bring back school segregation and Jim Crow and lynchings. I can understand that emotion. Still, they don't understand that most people under 40 only know the flag from Dukes of Hazzard and assume it's a benign symbol of regional pride.

:offtopic:, I think No. 3 would make a much cooler banner for the South. Much less controversial, unless you're a Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart fan.

crabcake

Tonio said:
:offtopic: I think No. 3 would make a much cooler banner for the South. Much less controversial, unless you're a Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart fan.

you obviously haven't been on this forum long enough or to many forum gatherings to believe a #3 flag wouldn't be controversial. :roflmao:

You ever hear any of Jeff Foxworthy's NASCAR skits? :lol:

J.South

Let's get drunk
SmallTown said:
I don't know why anyone but whities would want to be in NASCAR. Thats like having Tiger Woods join the KKK.

Gee that wasn't racist or anything :loser: :loser:

Jameo

What?!
crabcake said:
You ever hear any of Jeff Foxworthy's NASCAR skits? :lol:

:lmao: Sunday's Tampax 500 with Jeff Gordon driving the #24 Strawberry douche. How did you get tickets? I pulled some strings! :lmao: :killingme Or was that Larry the Cable guy :confused: Anyways, TFF!! :killingme