Insurance companies are the anti-Christ

Pete

Repete
They all are scum. I got my policy renewal this afternoon in the mail. The freaking bill made me :faint:. 67% increase, thats right folks SIXTY SEVEN PERCENT. Not going too much into detail I was expecting my typical sub-thousand dollar renewal. Much to my suprise it was $1300 :yikes: I called the blood sucking a$$holes and they said that 2 things caused my policy to increase. 1. The at fault accident I had back in February where I backed into a POS Hundai in the parking lot and cause a teeny dent. and (you all will like this) 2. The rates for this area are taking a large hike. Now I am not the sensitive type but if you are going to :spank: me at least have the courtesy to :kiss: me after.

Now, when I had the scuvy shyster representative for the blood sucking leaches on the phone I said,

ME: "How much did you pay out on the claim when I dented that car back in February?"

BLOOD SUCKER: Hold please.........."Sir we paid out $77,000."

ME::Yikes: YOU HAVE TO BE SHIATING ME...FOR A FREAKING HUNDAI !!

BLOOD SUCKER: It does seem a little bit odd, doesn't it?

ME: GD right that dent could not have cost more than $300 to pop out !

BLOOD SUCKER: Perhaps we had better look into that.

ME: UH YEA, Oh BTW I WILL NOT PAY $2500 a year to insure a truck and a motorcycle.

BLOOD SUCKER: We will look into it and call you back on Monday.

So I will probably be looking into a new insurance company come Monday. in the meantime, I would like to send out a big huge GFY to all those morons out there who think that the roads around here are the freaking 3 ticket bumper car ride at the county fair and smash each others cars on a daily basis. I would also like to extent a hearty GFY to all those trial lawyers out there who chase ambulances and get goober a big fat settlement so he could go buy the 60 inch plasma TV at BJ's because because he claimed his neck hurt after getting whacked trying to swerve traffic on 235 or talk on his/her cell phone while gobbling a freaking whopper and digging for a CD under the seat.

Not to be left out the blood sucking vampires who we are forced to buy products from the Insurance companies :biteme:. Being the anal wretch I am I know I have paid out over $33,000 in insurance over the last 24 years and I have a grand total of about $3,000 claims (not counting the $77,000 Hundia dent). This includes windshields, paint due to vandalism and theft.

LESSON LEARNED: Screw honesty, if you back into someones car and no one sees you run like a criminal, DO NOT LEAVE A NOTE OR CALL THE BLOOD SUCKING VILLIANS at your insurance company.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
They all are scum. I got my policy renewal this afternoon in the mail. The freaking bill made me :faint:. 67% increase, thats right folks SIXTY SEVEN PERCENT. Not going too much into detail I was expecting my typical sub-thousand dollar renewal. Much to my suprise it was $1300 :yikes: I called the blood sucking a$$holes and they said that 2 things caused my policy to increase. 1. The at fault accident I had back in February where I backed into a POS Hundai in the parking lot and cause a teeny dent. and (you all will like this) 2. The rates for this area are taking a large hike. Now I am not the sensitive type but if you are going to :spank: me at least have the courtesy to :kiss: me after.

Now, when I had the scuvy shyster representative for the blood sucking leaches on the phone I said,

ME: "How much did you pay out on the claim when I dented that car back in February?"

BLOOD SUCKER: Hold please.........."Sir we paid out $77,000."

ME::Yikes: YOU HAVE TO BE SHIATING ME...FOR A FREAKING HUNDAI !!

BLOOD SUCKER: It does seem a little bit odd, doesn't it?

ME: GD right that dent could not have cost more than $300 to pop out !

BLOOD SUCKER: Perhaps we had better look into that.

ME: UH YEA, Oh BTW I WILL NOT PAY $2500 a year to insure a truck and a motorcycle.

BLOOD SUCKER: We will look into it and call you back on Monday.

So I will probably be looking into a new insurance company come Monday. in the meantime, I would like to send out a big huge GFY to all those morons out there who think that the roads around here are the freaking 3 ticket bumper car ride at the county fair and smash each others cars on a daily basis. I would also like to extent a hearty GFY to all those trial lawyers out there who chase ambulances and get goober a big fat settlement because because he claimed his neck hurt after getting whacked trying to swerve traffic on 235 or talk on his/her cell phone while gobbling a freaking whopper and digging for a CD under the seat.

Not to be left out the blood sucking vampires who we are forced to buy products from the Insurance companies :biteme:. Being the anal wretch I am I know I have paid out over $33,000 in insurance over the last 24 years and I have a grand total of about $3,000 claims (not counting the $77,000 Hundia dent). This includes windshields, paint due to vandalism and theft.

LESSON LEARNED: Screw honesty, if you back into someones car and no one sees you run like a criminal, DO NOT LEAVE A NOTE OR CALL THE BLOOD SUCKING VILLIANS at your insurance company.
That suxs, can't wait to see mine with 6 vehicles on it.

Oh always leave a note so anyone observing you sees you doing it but the text should be "I am leaving you this note because I hit your car while backing out and was seen doing it. I am doing this so that those people that saw me think I am doing the right thing."

Pete

Repete
Ken King said:
That suxs, can't wait to see mine with 6 vehicles on it.

Oh always leave a note so anyone observing you sees you doing it but the text should be "I am leaving you this note because I hit your car while backing out and was seen doing it. I am doing this so that those people that saw me think I am doing the right thing."
If I weren't so pizzed I would be :killingme

Ken King

PREMO Member
Pete said:
If I weren't so pizzed I would be :killingme
I'd be pizzed too if I dented a Hyundia and did $77,000 damage to it. What did you do knock it into a Rolls Royce showroom?

Ken King

PREMO Member
I wonder if they sent the check directly to the owner and what their reaction was?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
I'd be pizzed too if I dented a Hyundia and did $77,000 damage to it. What did you do knock it into a Rolls Royce showroom?
For real. A brand new Hyundai doesn't cost $33,000 - what was that payout for? Did you kill the guy? :confused:

YoYo_Cee

your insurance company sounds a little like mine, you don't have allstate do you??? They tried to cancel me because I had 2 accidents that were two and three years old. I wrote to the MD insurance commissioner... because they doubled my insurance after the first accident and it was my first in 18 years of being with them.. All insurance companies bite..

Pete

Repete
YoYo_Cee said:
your insurance company sounds a little like mine, you don't have allstate do you??? They tried to cancel me because I had 2 accidents that were two and three years old. I wrote to the MD insurance commissioner... because they doubled my insurance after the first accident and it was my first in 18 years of being with them.. All insurance companies bite..
Allstate, USAA, State Farm, GEICO doesn't matter al the same bunch of money grubbing state mandated con artists.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
Allstate, USAA, State Farm, GEICO doesn't matter al the same bunch of money grubbing state mandated con artists.

I'm extremely happy with USAA.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
Wait til you get your new policy form them. Thats who I have

I'll let ya' know. There's a good chance we'll get bit after having the car painted. We've been happy with them so far. I guess we'll see.

Pete

Repete
I could almost smell it coming from them. When I bought the house I figured cool, I will call USAA and get the homeowners with them too. :yikes: They were DOUBLE the next highest quote I got. When I got the bike, they were $100 higher for 6 months but I figured WTF I would just go with them to keep it all in one place.

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
I'll let ya' know. There's a good chance we'll get bit after having the car painted. We've been happy with them so far. I guess we'll see.
They are always nice with claims, very good service...because they know they are going to bend you over and Kobe you in 6 months.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We have Progressive. Our rates haven't gone up. I just paid them yesterday. Less than $900 for 2 cars. And that includes an at-fault accident with a forumite.

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
For real. A brand new Hyundai doesn't cost $33,000 - what was that payout for? Did you kill the guy? :confused:
:shrug: have no clue, the claims office that processed it was closed, they are supposed to call me Monday. The car I dented, was a POS Elantra with damage already done to it. I went back down when I reported it and described the damage to the claims person over my cell phone. I explicitly told them that I was not to get bagged for the big scrape down the side or the dent in the door. She took it all down.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Pete said:
I explicitly told them that I was not to get bagged for the big scrape down the side or the dent in the door. She took it all down.

Sounds like you got tagged for a case of whiplash, loss of sexual activity, and pain and suffering...

Seriously, I have Erie and have been very pleased both with their pricing and service. Unfortunately, thanks to that July 14 tornado, I know how their service is. But, I didn't shake them down. They paid me right away for market rates to replace the damage, and then I paid the extra to fix everything totally right out of my own pocket. (Dig deep! But I can sleep at night!)

They did kick my homeowners up about 30% in June when it renewed. But it was still half of last year's Nationwide price which I cancelled after 13 years of doing business with them. I have car insurance with Erie too on the 02 GTP and my 04 toy car, and it's slightly under $1600 per year for full coverage.

With all of the strong weather we have experienced regionally, I think the one thing we all can look forward to is increased insurance rates.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Pete - sorry to hear what happened. Mine went up - double in fact since last year. I was hit from behind by an insurance adjuster a little over a year ago. I was shocked when the first bill came in. I was told by my insurance company that this are was a high risk area, hence the increase. I have never had an accident that was my fault in 15 years. I hope that you can get this resolved.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
My auto insurance went up about $300/year too (I have USAA also) ... for one car (a 2002) and no tickets/at-fault/crap ... when i called, I got the "well, rates in your area are increasing across the board because of claims :blahblah:" :duh: I called around but others were worse. :frown:

Last year it was homeowners policies going up b/c of tornado in La Plata (for which I didn't file a claim, mind you). The way I see it, that's why we've been paying into the bloodsuckers for so many years. I've only had to file an auto claim for the car jacking ... and that was over 3 years ago. And I've never filed a homeowners policy claim. So why the hell should I have to pay a buttload more for someone else's errors/misfortunes/etc.? :confused: What ever happened to being "rewarded" for having a clean driving record and grouping your policies with one company? :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Oz said:
Sounds like you got tagged for a case of whiplash, loss of sexual activity, and pain and suffering...

Seriously, I have Erie and have been very pleased both with their pricing and service. Unfortunately, thanks to that July 14 tornado, I know how their service is. But, I didn't shake them down. They paid me right away for market rates to replace the damage, and then I paid the extra to fix everything totally right out of my own pocket. (Dig deep! But I can sleep at night!)

They did kick my homeowners up about 30% in June when it renewed. But it was still half of last year's Nationwide price which I cancelled after 13 years of doing business with them. I have car insurance with Erie too on the 02 GTP and my 04 toy car, and it's slightly under $1600 per year for full coverage.

With all of the strong weather we have experienced regionally, I think the one thing we all can look forward to is increased insurance rates.
The car was parked and the owner wasnt there so no whiplash or anything, it was a tiny dent, big enough for me to tell I did it, about the size of a calculator. I freaking hate they call a dent that small on a junk heap car an "at fault accident" Crap form their standpoint an at fault accident is anything form a $300 dent to totalling someones car.

In Maine the threshold for an at fault accident is $1,000. If the insurance company has to pay out more than $1,000 they can ding your record and call it an at fault accident and charge you for it. Under 1,000 you are untouchable. In Maryland it is like $100. You can lean on a car and do $100 damage.

I have my homeowners through Cumberland (Hollywood insurance) the policy just renewed for another year 30 June and it went up $6 to $512. I went with them because USAA wanted $975 a year:ohwell: