Any Scuba Divers out there?

Pushrod

Patriot
Check out www.diverssource.com
They have a great dive trip going to Roatan, Honduras next year for 8 days/7 nights. The all inclusive price is incredible. My wife and I have already booked. I can't wait.......

K

Katie

I scuba dive, but have no trips planned on in the future.

pooty_smack

Have fun in Roatan. My wife and I went there as part of cruise. It was a 3rd world country. It was very primitive. I heard the diving is good but we didn't do that. We went to the beach ( west end beach) I think it was ;and got ate up by something. We had red spots all over us.

sockgirl77

hey pootysmack

pooty_smack said:
Have fun in Roatan. My wife and I went there as part of cruise. It was a 3rd world country. It was very primitive. I heard the diving is good but we didn't do that. We went to the beach ( west end beach) I think it was ;and got ate up by something. We had red spots all over us.
love the name! :howdy:

Triggerfish

I moved here in January and have not had the chance to dive. I hear that Lake Rawling is pretty good.

Places I have dived so far

Guam
Botany Bay, Australia
Pulau Lengah Tengah and Pulau Redang, Malaysia
Phuket, Thailand
Izu, Japan
Living Seas in EPCOT Center, WDW, Florida
Blue Grotto, Florida
SE Florida coast
Crystal River, Florida
Playa de cocos, Coasta Rica

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Triggerfish said:
I moved here in January and have not had the chance to dive. I hear that Lake Rawling is pretty good.

Places I have dived so far

Guam
Botany Bay, Australia
Pulau Lengah Tengah and Pulau Redang, Malaysia
Phuket, Thailand
Izu, Japan
Living Seas in EPCOT Center, WDW, Florida
Blue Grotto, Florida
SE Florida coast
Crystal River, Florida
Playa de cocos, Coasta Rica
Isn't Lake Rawlings just a quarry lake? Probably fair to good visibility but what is there to see?

When I was younger and in a lot better shape I dove off the Florida Keys, in Hawaii, the Philippines, off the coast of Northern California, the St. Mary’s River, the Potomac River, and the Chesapeake Bay. I haven’t gone in the past 20 years since I don’t travel like I used to and the waters around here were so murky. I remember that the visibility around here is usually 3 to 5 feet (sometimes better but not much) and the bottoms have a lot of silt. It might have gotten better over the years but I really don’t know.

Pushrod

Patriot
Lake Rawling's is a Quarry about 3 hours away off of Interstate 85 in Virginia. It is okay as far a quarries go, with visibility ranging from 30-50 feet and a bunch of small boats, cars and buses sunk in it. It is indeed used as a diver training area and can get quite crowded in the summer.
There are a couple of good dives in the local area which consist of 2 WW2 subs and some historical wrecks. The visibility ranges from 0-20 feet with currents. Ocean City and Virginia Beach are both about 3 hours away and offer some good off shore diving. The best diving (locally) would probably be down in North Carolina which has some fantastic wrecks in excellent diving conditions. Go toDivers Source and check out their forum for some local information and to see trips that are planned for 2005.

Triggerfish

Dive Club?

Anyone know of any dive clubs in the area? Supposedly the dive shop in the Solomons was supposed to start one.

F

fishn guy

If you ever get the chance to go to KAUAI Hawaii. Go to the north shore and at tunnels beach there is a dive crew all the time. Hook up with them they dive with sea turtles tiger sharks and reef drops that hang 20 feet, its awesome.

K

Katie

Lake Rawlings is pretty decent. It is a quarry that is used for diver training. The weekends in the summertime it is used for diver certifications, so the water gets pretty turned up.

I go diving in Morehead City, NC. There is some good wrecks off the coast. Visibility is excellent and the water is pretty warm.