Cheesesteak Factory & Italian joint

tipsymcgee

I walk out of McKay's in Wildewood yesterday morning and notice the big sign out by 235 saying Cheesesteak Factory & Italian Eatery. I drove down to where Leone's used to be and sure enough there was a new sign up. I don't know if it's the same group trying a new name or a whole new restaurant.

Paging Rosered ----

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Does that location seem like a black hole for restaurants? Some locations can't seem to support a new business for more than a year or so.

Regarding the name, I wonder if the Cheesecake Factory would claim copyright infringement.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Tonio said:
Does that location seem like a black hole for restaurants? Some locations can't seem to support a new business for more than a year or so.

Regarding the name, I wonder if the Cheesecake Factory would claim copyright infringement.

I'd have to wonder that too, seeing as how that is what I read when I saw it, got all excited for nothing..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
tipsymcgee said:
I walk out of McKay's in Wildewood yesterday morning and notice the big sign out by 235 saying Cheesesteak Factory & Italian Eatery. I drove down to where Leone's used to be and sure enough there was a new sign up. I don't know if it's the same group trying a new name or a whole new restaurant.

Paging Rosered ----
I haven't been there and not sure if is even open yet.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Yeah...but I doubt they can beat Laurel Grove cheesesteaks..........self-proclaimed cheesesteak capital of Southern Maryland!

:notworthy

flowerchild

Hairy Harry
tipsymcgee said:

They're opening today (Friday), and they're not affiliated w/ Leone in any way!

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Tonio said:

The names are definitely confusingly similar and it would be trademark infringement - not copyright. I'm sure the Cheesecake Factory polices their trademarks.