Fuse blown, i think?

sockgirl77

i got in my car this morning and i heard a pop then a little smoke came out of my dash. now my radio won't work and my power locks won't work. is this a blown fuse?

Danzig

sockgirl77 said:
....is this a blown fuse?

Sounds like the blinker fluid leaked into the fuse box and blew a few fuses. Be sure when you get the blinker fluid to replace what leaked out they don’t rip you off for the high dollar premium fluid, that high dollar fluid is for cars with a horse power or 87,000 or higher.

sockgirl77

Danzig said:
Sounds like the blinker fluid leaked into the fuse box and blew a few fuses. Be sure when you get the blinker fluid to replace what leaked out they don’t rip you off for the high dollar premium fluid, that high dollar fluid is for cars with a horse power or 87,000 or higher.
where should i take it?

Danzig said:
But I thought the high dolla fluid was thinner and you are supposed to use thinner fluid in the winter...:confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Danzig said:
:high5: :killingme

Bogart

Just ask for a blinker fluid that meets the manufacturer's specifications and you should be okay.
Try Cheseldine's :yay:

sockgirl77

dustin said:
Did you look in the fuse box and see if any fuses are blown :shrug:
i know nothing about cars so i have no idea where anything is on it. i'm going to take it to someone when i get off of work.

R

rhumbpunch

Danzig said:

The blinker fluid goes in this... Right?

Attachments

• Steering-Pump.jpg
    Steering-Pump.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 105

Danzig

kwillia said:
But I thought the high dolla fluid was thinner and you are supposed to use thinner fluid in the winter...:confused:
See here lies the problem, every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinks they are know it alls when it come to car repair. It is a myth that the more expensive fluid is thinner. And while some cars built before 1988 need the “winter fluid” most newer cars are fine with the cheaper fluid.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Any parts store will fill your blinker fluid just go in and ask them, if they charge you more than $5.00 for the fluid and the fill up you are being ripped off. Most times they will do it for free if it’s a woman who needs it done. When the blinker fluid in my car gets low I sent my wife to get it filled, and they have NEVER charged her once. We use AutoZone.

R

rhumbpunch

Seriously,

Locate your fuse box, under the dash in older cars, engine compartment with newer cars.

Remove lid if applicable, looked for the blown fuses. The element inside the fuse will be seperated. You will have to remove the fuses to check it.

Better yet, take it to Autozone, have one of the sales folks help u.

Remember, fuses do not blow on thier own, some other malfunction caused the short. So you do need to remedy the source of the problem.

sockgirl77

rhumbpunch said:
Seriously,

Locate your fuse box, under the dash in older cars, engine compartment with newer cars.

Remove lid if applicable, looked for the blown fuses. The element inside the fuse will be seperated. You will have to remove the fuses to check it.

Remember, fuses do not blow on thier own, some other malfunction caused the short. So you do need to remedy the source of the problem.
thanks

Danzig

rhumbpunch said:
Seriously,

:yeahthat: thats what I was trying to say, but your words seemed to flow better.