Southern Maryland Survey

dustin

UAIOE
This is from an email sent to me by someone in my office. It originated from one of his friends. Thought if yall had some extra time to take the quick survey on the link below. Its about quality of life in southern Maryland.

Hi Folks,
My neighbor, Jamie Billig, is working on his Dissertation for completion
of his doctorate degree. Part of his project is a study of growth here
in Southern Maryland, including a survey of residents
perception/opinions on our areas growth. Attached is a link to his
survey. Please take a couple of moments to complete the survey. It
will greatly help him out; he needs over 250 surveys to be completed and
has about half that at this time. You and your spouse can complete it
separately for more # of inputs for him. Please feel free to forward
this link to others who reside here in Southern Maryland (preferably in
St. Mary's County).

Thanks for your support.

Gary

Survey link

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got to question #2, saw the bias and blew it off. A great deal of growth HAS happened in St. Mary's in the last 5 years but it's not necessarily too much. It's pretty obvious the result the poller wants is that growth in St. Mary's is a bad thing.

G

Greg

vraiblonde said:
I got to question #2, saw the bias and blew it off. A great deal of growth HAS happened in St. Mary's in the last 5 years but it's not necessarily too much. It's pretty obvious the result the poller wants is that growth in St. Mary's is a bad thing.
It's not that growth is a bad thing. Or that there has been too MUCH growth. It is that we are growing too FAST. We are outgrowing the roads before they are even finished expanding them.

D

dems4me

Greg said:
It's not that growth is a bad thing. Or that there has been too MUCH growth. It is that we are growing too FAST. We are outgrowing the roads before they are even finished expanding them.

I agree -- if you listen to traffic reports in the morning or evening coming home we hardly make it on the reports - only if there's a fatality or two... I could come in talking about a 10 mile back up that I sat an hour in and people probably think I made it up or something. We need more roads into DC if possible or at least bring Metro rail in a little but closer to Charles County. I for the first time in 16 years am really starting to reconsider my commuting into DC every day. Its quickly becoming an issue of too much rubber and not enough asphalt. I usually don't mind driving the distance because you weren't sitting in bottlenecked traffic but now its distance plus all the traffic jams and I'm starting to feel arthiritis in my right ankle from it. :ohwell: JM two cents on the issue