Color Ride

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The local chapter of the Southern Cruisers is planning their fall "go look at the purty trees" ride for Oct. 24. Only info I have at this time ia that it will be approx 8-9 hours and will be leaving the area at 8:30 in the morning. Haven't been able to log on to the delphi forum web site lately. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I hear that. I came in around 0600 and it was brrrrrrrrrrisk. Added the face shield to my helmet and had on the chaps and heavy gloves so it wasn't to bad.

dustin

UAIOE
aps45819 said:
The local chapter of the Southern Cruisers is planning their fall "go look at the purty trees" ride for Oct. 24. Only info I have at this time ia that it will be approx 8-9 hours and will be leaving the area at 8:30 in the morning. Haven't been able to log on to the delphi forum web site lately. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

There is no way I could spend that long on my bike with breaks! Even in my car i'm pushing it at 9 hours...:lol:

We need to get together for a forum ride before it gets too cold. Like a SMIB counties tour or something...

Lost Soul

aps45819 said:
I hear that. I came in around 0600 and it was brrrrrrrrrrisk. Added the face shield to my helmet and had on the chaps and heavy gloves so it wasn't to bad.

Where is a good place to get chaps?

dustin

UAIOE
Lost Soul said:
either. Good pair at reasonable price

Newenough.com is where i bought my last set of leathers. i found some vanson chaps on there. linky they might have some other cruiser oriented stuff but i'm not sure. dennis kirk might have some too. i think they have a website. other than that i would say do a google search...

as far as bike shops go. SM city motorsports can order you just about anything. They have a ton of catalogs and are good people...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The Local ride will be this Saturday,
So far the local ride date is scheduled for Saturday October 16th. with rain date of Saturday October 23rd.

Starting point St Mary's Landing where we'll be eating the breakfast buffet @ 8:30 and departing @ 9:30.

This is going to be an excellent ride for all the members because it will be slow paced and back roads only a little over 100 miles total.

We'll be heading out across Charles County and looping back towards Point Lookout before we arrive back in Mechanicsville to stop at Berts for a late lunch about 1:30.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Update

So We'll meet at the truckstop at the Harry Nice Bridge at 8:00. That way people can fill their tanks and empty their bladders and be ready to go by 8:30.

Across the Potomac River bridge, Took a right at the Wawa, rte 206, I think, which drops you off on rte 3. Right on rte 3 thru Fredericksburg to Culpepper. In Culpepper, pick up rte 522 to Sperryville, In Sperryville take a left on rte 211 which takes you over the mountain , real twisties up and down, to Luray. You must take 211 bus. into Luray. This is where the twisties come into play. At Broad street, bank on corner, take a right and then about a 1/2 mile , take a left across bridge on Mechanic rd. This is rte 675, a two lane road that takes you over the mountain. This is where the fun begins, it will test your skills. stay on 675 until it becomes 678 which is a great road also. 678 will take you to 55 in Front Royal. Some good places to eat.In Front Royal, you can jump on 66 or stay on 55 to Gainesville, then 66 for the trek home.Total ride time was about 7 hours, including 2-30 minute breaks.Colours were not too good, too late in some spots and too early in others.Great day though, many, many bikes on the road. "

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Update

About 10 folks tried doing the ride Sunday. They hit light rain at the truck stop and it got steadily harder. Stopped for lunch in Culpeper and decided they were crazy for being out in the rain so they turned around and went home.
Another attempt will be made this coming Sunday 10/31