Order at your own risk

dustin

UAIOE
Recently I purchased 4 brake rotors and 2 sets of pads from Active Auto Parts off their website at http://www.autopartsauthority.com their "sister" site is http://www.autopartswarehouse.com Active's website does not display correct information. I found Brembo rotors for sale that don't even exist.

I HIGHLY suggest you do research elsewhere instead of buying parts through these sites. I called them initially when I made the order online and was greeted by a poor rep... who, after I asked him if the Brembo's were in stock, told me that they don't even exist. I told him they were listed on their website as existing. So I proceeded to ask about other brake rotors and he stopped me short and said that whatever it says on the website is correct. DUR! Didn't you just tell me the site was wrong? SO I went ahead and ordered the rotors I would think they might have 2 day shipping :lol: This was all on Monday mind you...

So last night I get home and find a box there. I was like cool! that was fast! So I heave it in the house and open it up, became disgusted at the site of the lack of packaging, no packing slip either, and no brake pads. So I get on their website today to check it out and apparently they dont ship the "performance parts" (the brake pads I ordered were EBCs) 2 day or overnight. only ground.

After getting pizzed off I decided to try to call them for someone to explain further, but apparently their customer service is only available through email. So I sent them this nasty gram:

Dear Sir or Maam,

I recently ordered 4 brake rotors for an Audi A4 along with 2 sets of brake pads. The packaging in which I received containing the rotors was insufficient to say the least. The rotors were in their own repsective boxes. But very little effort was made to pad the inside of the shipping box with bubblewrap, etc. I counted one peice of bubblewrap on the bottom of the box and 3 "air bags" on top. There was plenty of room within this shipping box for the brake rotors to shift around in. The order was approximately 50 lbs.

I have inspected the rotors and found them to be in good shape. However, if other packaging is being sujected to the same treatment as mine, I wouldnt doubt that your customers are receiving their orders in little itty bitty peices. I highly suggest you evaluate your packaging techniques in the future. As this could cause your company to lose money and customers. A few extra peices of bubblewrap and some packaging tape (all worth minimal amounts) is much cheaper than 280 dollars worth of brake components wouldn't one say?

Futhermore, the shipping container which I received my brake rotors in DID NOT come with a packing slip listing the contents of the order. That is just unacceptable. You are the first company through which I have ordered automotive parts online that DID NOT send a packing slip.

I would also like to say that your website is not user-friendly at all. Not until after I received my order confirmation through email did I read ANYTHING about performance parts being unable to be shipped 2 day. Your website should make known (in big bold text if possible) to the customer browsing the performance parts (or during the order process) that said parts cannot be ordered two day or overnight. I am guessing it is not there currently because you don't want customers to order performance parts through a different source because of your lack of ability at fast shipping times, but that is just a guess...

You have just lost a customer...along with anyone else I can pass this unfortunate knowledge to.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I order all my parts through British Atlantic, or Rovers North.. they've been awesome.. even with shipping their parts are cheaper then the local parts stores.. AND they are the right parts.. NEVER trust those touck screen doohickeys they have at the stores.. they haven't got a single thing right with my truck yet.. even the wipers didn't fit.

dustin

UAIOE
UPDATE*

This is the name which showed on my account statement of billing for this order:

ALL OEM PARTS, INC.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dustin said:
UPDATE*

This is the name which showed on my account statement of billing for this order:

ALL OEM PARTS, INC.

***And to further update...they sent the wrong rotors for the back of the vehicle. It's a Quattro, he even called to make sure they were sending the right ones. They sent the wrong ones. Tards. :rolleyes:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I just got new rotors and pads for the front of the VW from the Tire Rack. They sent the wrong pads, but had the correct ones overnighted when informed of their error.

lucaswebco

Tire Rack, JC Whitney, Racerwheel, etc. There are a number of good auto parts catalog companies online now days.