Zales

My fiancee bought my engagment ring there and the other day I noticed the stone was loose and I figured I'll just run to Blairs real quick and get it tightened because I didn't feel like running up to Waldorf.
Jeweler at Blairs looked at it and said it looks like one corner of the center stone is shattered. They wouldn't touch it..
Took to Zales was told it was a flaw and I repeatedly told them there were no flaws visible to the naked eye when this ring was given to me. So they said they sent it out to get it inspected...called today and they said oh we just tightened it, no inspection. I have been a week without my ring and if there is something wrong with center stone they should replace per the warrenty...

I'm done venting...Thanks!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Have an independent jeweler take a look at it for you and provide a written "diagnosis". Then take it back to Zales and make 'em stand by their warranty!

Pete

Repete
workin hard said:
My fiancee bought my engagment ring there and the other day I noticed the stone was loose and I figured I'll just run to Blairs real quick and get it tightened because I didn't feel like running up to Waldorf.
Jeweler at Blairs looked at it and said it looks like one corner of the center stone is shattered. They wouldn't touch it..
Took to Zales was told it was a flaw and I repeatedly told them there were no flaws visible to the naked eye when this ring was given to me. So they said they sent it out to get it inspected...called today and they said oh we just tightened it, no inspection. I have been a week without my ring and if there is something wrong with center stone they should replace per the warrenty...

You want me to call and be mean to them?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
workin hard said:

Might want to talk to your fiancee about getting you a cheap ring. :whistle: :lol: j/k

CMC122

Go Braves!
workin hard said:

Same thing happened to my friends diamond. It may have even been Zale's. Good luck! They tried to say she cracked the stone:duh:
I had her take it to an jeweler I knew, he said the diamond was bad from the get go:ohwell: Now she has to replace the diamond because it is to fragile to keep in the ring. The jeweler is gonna reset the original diamond in a necklace setting for her to try and save it.

I got kicked off 4 dang times trying to edit this dang thing:tantrum:

Last edited:
crabcake said:
Have an independent jeweler take a look at it for you and provide a written "diagnosis". Then take it back to Zales and make 'em stand by their warranty!

Will they stand by their warranty knowing that I took it to another jeweler?

CMC122 said:
Same thing happened to my friends diamond. It may have even been Zale's. Good luck! They tried to say she cracked the stone:duh:
I had her take it to an jewler I knew, he said the diamond was bad from the get go:ohwell: Now she has to replace the diamon because it is to fragile to keep in the ring. The jewler is gonna reset the original diamond in a necklace setting for her to try and save it.

According to the warranty it doesn't even matter that I did something to make it shatter. They are supposed to replace it if lost, cracked, or damaged as long as your up to date on inspections which I am..

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
workin hard said:
Will they stand by their warranty knowing that I took it to another jeweler?

don't have the other jeweler work on it; just examine it. OR ... find another Zales, take it there, make up some story like "my fiance bought this for me from XYZ jeweler, and I think the stone is cracked, but they say it's not. What do you think?" Then slap the receipt on the counter and demand it be replaced. :wink:

crabcake said:
don't have the other jeweler work on it; just examine it.

If it is still doesn't go well I 'll take the ring back from them and take it to a jewelry store that actually has a jeweler in it..Thanks :huggy:

CMC122

Go Braves!
workin hard said:
According to the warranty it doesn't even matter that I did something to make it shatter. They are supposed to replace it if lost, cracked, or damaged as long as your up to date on inspections which I am..
So was she. I'm trying to find out where hers is from. They were pulling all kinds of crap and even tried to keep her ring as "evidence":rolleyes:

K

Katie

I had to take my wedding band back there twice because of loose stones. They were like that one isn't loose. I am like, yes it is, and insisted on speaking to the manager. It was fixed with no more hassles.

crabcake said:
don't have the other jeweler work on it; just examine it. OR ... find another Zales, take it there, make up some story like "my fiance bought this for me from XYZ jeweler, and I think the stone is cracked, but they say it's not. What do you think?" Then slap the receipt on the counter and demand it be replaced. :wink:

Even better. Anybody know the closest Zales..actually i think the ring is only exclusivly available there. Dayum so close...

CMC122 said:
So was she. I'm trying to find out where hers is from. They were pulling all kinds of crap and even tried to keep her ring as "evidence":rolleyes:

That is a load of crap..I hope I don't have to go through that.

Katie said:
I had to take my wedding band back there twice because of loose stones. They were like that one isn't loose. I am like, yes it is, and insisted on speaking to the manager. It was fixed with no more hassles.
When I went up there I finally had to talk to the manager who said it would get inspected and that he would call me.. That never happened. So I will go see the manager again tonight.

K

Katie

workin hard said:
That is a load of crap..I hope I don't have to go through that.

When I went up there I finally had to talk to the manager who said it would get inspected and that he would call me.. That never happened. So I will go see the manager again tonight.

I would keep on him. Persistance with people like that is the big one. My dh calls lets me deal with stuff like that, because I won't give up on it.

Katie said:
I would keep on him. Persistance with people like that is the big one. My dh calls lets me deal with stuff like that, because I won't give up on it.

Maybe I'll pass this on to you then :lol: