What's the ideal situation in which to initiate a first kiss?

unixpirate

Pitty Party
At the end of a great meal, with great wine, great conversation. But I definitely wouldn't do the walk-you-home, on-the-doorstep kiss. That's too cheesy -- it's what's expected.
:huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure about when TO kiss but it's always been my policy that the only appropriate answer to, "May I kiss you?" is, "No." If they have to ask, that means it's not clicking enough to warrant smooching.

Light peck on the doorstep is sweet because all women have experienced the first-date face-suckers, so she'll be pleasantly surprised by your nice manners.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Not sure about when TO kiss but it's always been my policy that the only appropriate answer to, "May I kiss you?" is, "No." If they have to ask, that means it's not clicking enough to warrant smooching.

Light peck on the doorstep is sweet because all women have experienced the first-date face-suckers, so she'll be pleasantly surprised by your nice manners.
:yeahthat: :yay:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I say unexpected is best. In the middle of an after dinner conversation just lean in and do the deed! :bubble:

janey83

Twenty Something
Yeah, I hate it when a guy asks....best one ever was when I was a 1st date with a guy, and as we hurrying across the street....he just stopped me for a kiss. Luckily there weren't any cars coming.

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat:

Nothing worse than a man showing his feminine side by asking. :shrug: :lol:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
JabbaJawz said:
I say unexpected is best. In the middle of an after dinner conversation just lean in and do the deed! :bubble:

What if she has a big piece of broccoli hanging from her top lip or stuck in her tooth? Or if the dessert is smeared on her face, you could always lick it off and them smack er with one.... :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
janey83 said:
best one ever was when I was a 1st date with a guy, and as we hurrying across the street....he just stopped me for a kiss. Luckily there weren't any cars coming.
THAT is very sweet and romantic - the impulsive kiss because he just couldn't stand it any longer! :yay:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Oz said:
That would be determined by the details of Post #3... :angel:
If all went right the night before, everyone's breath should be soooo bad that kissing shouldn't even be an option until the toothbrushes get fired up.:lol:

W

Wenchy

Wickedwrench said:
If all went right the night before, everyone's breath should be soooo bad that kissing shouldn't even be an option until the toothbrushes get fired up.:lol:

Ewwwwwwwwwwww :barf: (It sounds like a personal problem to me...)

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Geez ...May I kiss you... :kiss: . You mean to tell me some clowns have asked. :loser:
I bet they sat in the front seat of the short bus.
At least I was cool enough to sit in the back of the short bus.. :banana: ..

But to answer this dumb question of when to kiss a woman. durda
Is when she makes lots of eye contact and keeps getting close to you.
Women give off lots of vibes and if you can't tell then it's a no go.
..........................................................................................
But it was cool when we was like 7 the girls did the kissing.
What happend :getdown:

Last edited:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
gumbo said:
Geez ...May I kiss you... :kiss: . You mean to tell me some clowns have asked. :loser:
I bet they sat in the front seat of the short bus.
At least I was cool enough to sit in the back of the short bus.. :banana: ..

I never asked a girl, more or less either said flat out that I was going to or just did it. I probably will ask at some point. I'm not stupid; I'm just not good with people. I can figure out just about anything in matter of minutes, but don't ask me to do something that requires common sense or blue-monkey social rituals.

As to the original question- it depends. The biggest factors are your mood and ideals, her mood and ideals and the situation. I mean if you're in a movie theater (bad first date choice), and she gets anxious in public, then kissing her- even if she is into you- probably isn't a good idea.

The whole door-step thing is pretty traditional. If you can tell she's turned off by tradition (some girls are) then that isn't the place either. Then again, if she acts somewhat traditional, then you might want to wait until then, despite other opportunities.

I'd say to just use your best judgement- it won't always be the same.