Hot Noodle in San Souci

Shakezula

Insert Lame Innuendo Here
Just went today!-

Menu consists of Vietnamese and Thai dishes. Bubble tea is awesome, too!

It's really really good, but since they are just starting out, prepare for slow service. They said they are a little short-staffed and they are also overwhelmed by their success (it was PACKED). I would try for a very early or a very late lunch, noon-time was the worst time (as one would expect).

Everything we had was great! Recommend the Pad Thai! Yum, yum!! :)

Triggerfish

Yes, the food was great. My wife had Pad Thai and I had the combo pho (hot noodle). Thes ervice however was not only slow but it was bad. We were their on a Friday night and it looked like the staff was almost all high school students. We got our menus very quickly but they didn't even take our drink orders for 10 minutes after that. The drinks arrived after the food started to arrive and we ordered water....It looked like the staff was busy chit chatting with each other instead of working. However since the food was great I will go back but on less crowded night.

Bonehead

Ate there recently and boy did their food suck. Spent 38 bucks for 3 to eat dinner and none of us finished anything we ordered. Just plain bland food. Never again for me. :ohwell:

xstarlikex

Ces't amour!
The only bad thing about hot noddle is that during the weekends they charge you dinner prices at lunch. For lunch, on a saturday, we spent about $60.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Different and good. Lots of flavor. Definitely worth a try.

The beef wrapped in grape leaves appetizer was great as were the Shrimp Summer Rolls. The beef and broccoli and the seafood chow fun noodles were both great. The fried banana dessert was really good. If you want to try something different to drink, try the young coconut; coconut juice with soft, young coconut flesh in the glass, too. You get to eat and drink your drink. I had two.

The service was good tonight, but the place was not crowded.

Last edited:

Triggerfish

Take a good look at the bill, my coupons stated 50% off any appetizer. We got the most expensive appetizer and instead of taking off 50% they just took off $5.

SamSpade

After one visit and several people going and returning saying the same thing, my conclusion is still : food good, service bad. It's one thing to have bad service the first few months. After 6 or 7 months, if the service is still bad, I won't be going back.

Good service is almost as important as good food. If I want bad service, I'll buy fast food.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
C and I went to Monterey Saturday night and I saw the noodle place for the first time. The following conversation took place:

K: Ooh, the Hot Noodle! I wonder what that is?

C: It's a restaurant.

K: I know it's a restaurant. What kind of restaurant?

C: Noodle restaurant.

K: What kind of noodle?

C: Pretty much any kind of noodle...

etc. :ohwell:

So thank you for clearing that up. :lol:

On a side note, we hadn't been to Monterey since December. We were wondering how long it would take to get fancy, shiny menus and jacked up prices. :bawl:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
They just went through their re-grand opening in recent months and I have to say the service and food were both great now. Apparently, they knew they were sucking and went into a partnership with someone else. They focused on how to make it work.

My favorites are the curry chicken, pad thai, pot stickers, and vietnamese coffee. They still have a sign up warning not to expect fast lunches since its all freshly prepared. Yet, I have not had to wait for food any longer (no matter how busy) than I would at the chain restaraunts here. In fact, my food has usually been out within ten minutes of ordering. Also, my servers (except for one) have been very attentive (the one just forgot to bring the extra silverware I requested until reminded when he came back by. Actually, I think I saw him bring silverware but to the wrong table).

I would try it again, Sam. See what you think. I should check the name of the waitress and waiter who do the best next time I am there, and you can request them (they go out of their way every time I have had them). Also, this Saturday night they will have a singer back again. She was pretty good last Saturday and added some great atmosphere.

R

remaxrealtor

FromTexas said:
They just went through their re-grand opening in recent months and I have to say the service and food were both great now. Apparently, they knew they were sucking and went into a partnership with someone else. They focused on how to make it work.

My favorites are the curry chicken, pad thai, pot stickers, and vietnamese coffee. They still have a sign up warning not to expect fast lunches since its all freshly prepared. Yet, I have not had to wait for food any longer (no matter how busy) than I would at the chain restaraunts here. In fact, my food has usually been out within ten minutes of ordering. Also, my servers (except for one) have been very attentive (the one just forgot to bring the extra silverware I requested until reminded when he came back by. Actually, I think I saw him bring silverware but to the wrong table).

I would try it again, Sam. See what you think. I should check the name of the waitress and waiter who do the best next time I am there, and you can request them (they go out of their way every time I have had them). Also, this Saturday night they will have a singer back again. She was pretty good last Saturday and added some great atmosphere.

I agree 100%, the service is MUCH better and the food really is good. Also try thr fried wontons, lettuce wraps and of course, the Pho.