Oyster/clam shells

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Has anyone used either oyster or clam shells for a flower bed filler (in place of stone or mulch) before? My coworkers suggested it as an alternative b/c the calcium would be good for the soil. I'm fed up with mulch b/c it seems to breed weeds in my yard even when I've had it treated. :ohwell:

Any suggestions on where to get a truckload? :shrug:

mainman

Set Trippin
crabcake said:
Has anyone used either oyster or clam shells for a flower bed filler (in place of stone or mulch) before? My coworkers suggested it as an alternative b/c the calcium would be good for the soil. I'm fed up with mulch b/c it seems to breed weeds in my yard even when I've had it treated. :ohwell:

You should have went to loogie fest dumdum...:roflmao: RR would have went with ya...:yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
crabcake said:

If you're going for the trailer park look...:yay: Don't forget the garden gnomes.

crabcake

mainman said:
You should have went to loogie fest dumdum...:roflmao: RR would have went with ya...:yay:

I don't wanna eat the things! :barf: I think I'd rather have bugs and spiders crawling on me than eat or watch someone eat clams or oyster. :frown:

K

Kizzy

elaine said:
If you're going for the trailer park look...:yay: Don't forget the garden gnomes.

:killingme

I had steamed loogies over the weekend and loogie soup.

:yum:

crabcake

elaine said:

I hadn't thought about that. :ohwell: good point.

any othe suggestions for covering the dirt? :shrug: I really do not want mulch again.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
crabcake said:
any othe suggestions for covering the dirt?

Mondo grass. You'll still have to mulch until it fills in, unless you're gonna drop the major bucks on the mondo.

mainman

Set Trippin
crabcake said:
I don't wanna eat the things! :barf: I think I'd rather have bugs and spiders crawling on me than eat or watch someone eat clams or oyster. :frown:
Where is my damned whoosh at? You could have gotten all the empty shells you wanted there...:dork:

K

Kizzy

It might be costly but white rocks or gravel. Some people are very stern about not wanting mulch up against the house. They believe it attracts termites.

crabcake

mainman said:
Where is my damned whoosh at? You could have gotten all the empty shells you wanted there...:dork:

:blushing: it's monday and I'm only on my third cup of coffee ... cut me some slack.

crabcake

the black mondo grass looks cool ... but nonetheless, it'd be too high for my flowerbed unless I use it for a border. :ohwell:

Thx for the suggestion though. :yay: