More evidence we are in the Last Days.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
More evidence we are in the Last Days.

Posted with permission of author.
If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL MONDAY OCTOBER 18, 2004 (Revelation 13:16,17)

***TUESDAY OCTOBER 19TH, THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL DEVOTIONAL DEDICATED TO THE UPCOMING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. THE OFFICES OF BOTH CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN CONTACTED TO SUPPLY A TESTIMONY OF THEIR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHICH WILL BE INCLUDED. ALSO, I WILL COMMENT ON THE RESPONSES BY BOTH CANDIDATES TO THE SPIRITUAL ISSUES RAISED IN THE RECENT SERIES OF PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES. DON'T MISS IT!

***LAST WEEK, the FDA approved a microchip (verichip) that will be implanted in humans. Back in March of this year, I wrote the Devotional below and remember the incredible number of emails that I received telling me I was crazy. Just like the emails I have received over the years telling me I was crazy for telling people marriage between homosexuals would soon be legal and the Bible would eventually be deemed hate speech. This Devotional is meant to be an encouragement and challenge to you that we ARE living in the last days, that Jesus is returning sooner than we think, and we have a wonderful opportunity to be part of bringing in that last great harvest of souls before the world as we know it ceases to exist. Time is short my friend, it is time to get serious about telling this lost world about Jesus while we still have time.

MONDEX, is this the "mark" spoken of in Revelation? Over the past 62 months, I have written many times on the fact that we are in the "last days" according to the Bible. All you have to do is read the words of Jesus in Matthew Chapter 24, the words of Paul in 2 Timothy Chapter 3, and the words of Peter in 2 Peter Chapter 3, to see that what they describe as the conditions in the "last days" clearly exist today. Of course no man knows the exact date or time Christ will return, only God knows that, but based on the signs the Bible says will mark the "last days," it is clear His return is imminent.

That is why what I am about to share with you should not be a surprise. We are living in a time when we will see many of the prophetic events the Bible speaks of unfold right before our very eyes. MONDEX (the word is a combination of the word MONETARY=money and DEXTER=belonging to the right hand) is a company that is providing a cashless system through microchip technology to over 20 major nations at this very moment. The system is based on SMART CARD technology which employs a microchip concealed in a plastic card that stores electronic cash, identification, and other information. 51% of MONDEX is owned by MasterCard.

The microchips for the SMART CARD are made by Motorola. They can produce 1 billion microchips per year and have been in production for over a year now. However, MONDEX has already determined that the SMART CARD has problems such as theft and fraud. The only solution is a biochip that can be implanted in humans.
Motorola has developed several human implantable biochips. These biochips are the size of a grain of rice and measure 7 mm long and .075 mm wide. They contain a transponder (a system of storage for reading information in microchips) and a rechargeable lithium battery that is charged by a thermocouple circuit that produces voltage from the fluctuations in body temperature.

Motorola spent over 1.5 million to determine the best place to insert this chip in the human body and came up with only two suitable places, the forehead just under the hairline, and the back of the hand, specifically the right hand. Why is this important? Revelation 13:16 says, "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead."

These biochips are already being used by the wealthy as a tool to prevent kidnapping. They are also currently being used in animals to both identify pets and keep track of livestock on farms. Humans will use it primarily for cash and identification, but also for storing medical information and other data. You can see how they could come into play in the last days according to Revelation 13:17, "so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

What I am sharing with you today is not meant to scare you or to make you live your life in fear. Quite the opposite. This world as we know it is actually winding down exactly as God said it would. Nothing that is going on today should really be a surprise, after all, God already told us what the last days would be like. He also told us what He expects from us during these last days. God is looking for us to be busy, working hard while we still have some light left since the darkness is fast approaching. We are expected to be found faithfully serving our Lord when He returns.

I love you and care about you so much. I am grateful to God to be living in such exciting times as these. We have the privilege of seeing God's Word come alive each and every day as the moment of Christ's return gets closer and closer. I am not going to get into a debate on the order of end time events, but the most commonly held view of those events has Christ retuning for His church PRIOR to the time the anti-Christ will be in power. I share
that with you so that you can take comfort that even though the technology may exist that will be used during that time, most believe those who currently know Christ as their Savior will not be on the earth during the reign of the anti-Christ.

I am praying today that you catch a glimpse of how close to the end of time we are, that the return of our Lord is imminent, it can literally happen at any moment. While we all have our own trials to contend with, we must stay focused on the fact that our purpose in this life is to serve and glorify God with our lives. He has allowed us to live during the final events of human history. There is one last great harvest to be brought in before this world as we know it is brought to an end. NOW IS THE TIME FOR THOSE WHO KNOW CHRIST AS THEIR SAVIOR TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT SERVING HIM.

The Bible tells us we are living in the "last days," that the events in our world each day are pushing us closer to the final chapter of human history, and at any moment we will hear the trump blow and our Lord will return!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each day. Simply go to http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

Toxick

Splat
The article neglects to mention that taking the mark of the beast symbolizes open and conscious rebellion against God and commitment of alliance with the Beast.

I haven't seen any news articles yet, where such a pledge is requisite.

The Official Mark of the Beast (tm) also is not instituted until after the beast is killed and ressurrected. And the whole world wonders after him.

I'm pretty sure I haven't read anything in the news which corresponds to this event. That would kinda be front page headline in 72pt font material.

Revelation 13 is probably the most quoted chapter in the bible these days. What people seem to forget or ignore or never learn at all is that a whole crap-load of other stuff has to happen and be in place before the checkbox next to Revelation 13 gets a mark in it. (No pun intended.)

And not much of that stuff has come to pass just yet.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Toxick has a good point. There is a specific order to the events that we should be alert for. While you're out there being alert, just remember that the author's point about getting serious about serving God and being saved by the grace of Jesus Christ is still relevant.

Today you could be hit by a bus, or lightning, or just keel over at your desk while sucking down Mountain Dew and Pastries. Your personal judgement day will be here before you know it. Are you ready?

9/11/01 was my wake up call. 2000+ people all figured they'd be home in time for dinner that night and it didn't happen. It could happen to you, me, Toxick, any one of us.

OK, enough :bonk: with the Bible for now.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
:ding: Bible stuff is OK here; this is the Religion forum.

If you read the whole article, it did not say the end is here, the end is here, like chicken little. It did say that it is a sign that the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy is one step closer to being accomplished. I have carried on email conversations with Mr. Keller. He is firmly based in the Bible. He, as I, know that there are other events that must be accomplished prior to Christ's return. World anarchy, world government, etc.. Much prophecy has been fulfilled; more must be. As the article plainly says Of course no man knows the exact date or time Christ will return, only God knows that, but based on the signs the Bible says will mark the "last days," it is clear His return is imminent. Imminent does not mean tomorrow or next week in Biblical terms, after all, it has been over 2000 years since Y'shua walked this earth. If His return is 40 - 100 years from now, it is still imminent.

Toxick

Splat
2ndAmendment said:
If you read the whole article, it did not say the end is here, the end is here, like chicken little.

I did read the entire article.

I did get a sense of urgency, and a feeling that the author is engaging in ... not-exactly fear-mongering, but perhaps trying to inject a sense of doom more than is exaclty necessary.

And the title of this very thread - More evidence we are in the Last Days - gives me the impression that the theme here is more than just the eschaton is imminent, but is upon us.

Perhaps that wasn't what is intended, but as a reader, that's what I'm getting.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Toxick said:
I did read the entire article.

I did get a sense of urgency, and a feeling that the author is engaging in ... not-exactly fear-mongering, but perhaps trying to inject a sense of doom more than is exaclty necessary.

And the title of this very thread - More evidence we are in the Last Days - gives me the impression that the theme here is more than just the eschaton is imminent, but is upon us.

Perhaps that wasn't what is intended, but as a reader, that's what I'm getting.
Did you miss "What I am sharing with you today is not meant to scare you or to make you live your life in fear. Quite the opposite."? I believe we are living in the last days. You believe as you will. We both have been granted free will by God. If I am wrong, no harm, no foul, nothing lost.

Toxick

Splat
2ndAmendment said:
Did you miss "What I am sharing with you today is not meant to scare you or to make you live your life in fear. Quite the opposite."?

No, I didn't miss it.

And if someone was calling me names, and saying terrible things about my mother - and qualifies it with, "I don't mean to insult you or anything - quite the opposite", I wouldn't put too much stock in that statement.

2ndAmendment said:
I believe we are living in the last days. You believe as you will. We both have been granted free will by God. If I am wrong, no harm, no foul, nothing lost.

Ok. I thought you put it here because you were inviting discussion and perhaps debate.

My bad.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I have no problem with discussion. Why are you so uptight about this? All I said was you can believe however you want. You have free will; everyone does. I have no feelings about whether you agree with me of not. Your choice. I just put this here because I think it is important for believers to be informed about events that may be fulfilling prophesy. I don't choose to debate the issue since it is one of faith and belief. I have no presumption of changing your opinion; not my job.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Wow! I'm stepping into a deep philisophical discussion and my opinion is so basic.

I hope it's worth sharing. Deciding wether or not you will follow God is personal and critical. We only get one shot. He doesn't ask much.

We are born and given "NO" guarantees... Life can end at any moment. You can be 6 years old playing on the jungle gym or 26, raped and murdered in an alley.

Live each and everyday as if it were your last. Make Love like there is no tomorrow! Laugh and enjoy the sunrise! Splash in the waves and eat snow...

That is all.... Sorry it wasn't more scientific.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member

watercolor

yeah yeah
well whatever it is.. its pretty crazy. I guess I will be ending up a bum on the street.. cause I am not taking the chip :dead:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
2ndAmendment said:
Here are some links, so snopes may need to update their site.

FDA approval: http://www.nynewsday.com/news/healt...280,print.story?coll=nyc-healthhome-headlines

A whole host of references and links: http://fightback.grimfacts.org/Tracking_Humans2004.html

First humans receive biochip implant: http://www.iahf.com/other/20020516.html

There is indeed a lot of hype out on the net as well, but the devotional is based on fact; the FDA did approve the device for human implantation last week.

The only point I make is its not for monetary/purchase reasons, it is not Mondex, Mondex does not mean what they say it means, it is not ever to be placed in the hand or the head as stated, and it is used for medical means (so far) and not a requirement that all people must have. I just see it as disengenius to try to put it forward the way it was.

Not to be trite but to quote Robert Frost:
Far as we aim our signs to reach,
Far as we often make them reach,
Across the soul-from-soul abyss,
There is an aeon-limit set
Beyond which they are doomed to miss.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
The only point I make is its not for monetary/purchase reasons, it is not Mondex, Mondex does not mean what they say it means, it is not ever to be placed in the hand or the head as stated, and it is used for medical means (so far) and not a requirement that all people must have. I just see it as disengenius to try to put it forward the way it was.
I do not claim to know the origin of the name MONDEX. Snopes says MONDEX is derived from the French monde but does not have a source for that information so it is suspect as well. Do you have first hand documented evidence as to the origin of the company name? For you to say that these devices "it is not ever to be placed in the hand or the head" is a bit over confident. Currently the devices are placed under the collarbone or in the triceps. There is nothing to prevent them from being placed elsewhere.
Under the implant procedure, the doctor administers a local anesthetic to a patient, then uses a special injector to place the rice-sized ID capsule under the collarbone or into the triceps muscle. The injector can also remove the device.
As with all new technologies, these implants will get more powerful and gain wider use. Whether the implants become the mark of the beast or not, only time will tell. I know that I will not choose to participate in cashless society. No, I will not get a chip, Lord willing, ever.

This is the only information available for MONDEX on its official site. One other link is broken and the other takes you to a MasterCard site.
MONDEX USA

About Mondex USA....

Mondex USA was formed in April 1997. The company is owned by six equity partners: Chase Manhattan Bank, Citibank Universal Card Services, Discover Financial Services (a unit of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.), MasterCard, ABN-Amro and Wells Fargo. The company consists of two separate organizations: Mondex USA Services and Mondex USA Originator.
A separate company, Mondex International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasterCard International, continues as the umbrella organization responsible for the global Mondex functions of branding, interoperability, security, risk management and future technology development.

Mondex USA Services.

Mondex USA Services is a for-profit, technology-driven electronic payments company responsible for the product's commercial development in the United States.

Mondex USA Originator.

Mondex USA Originator has two primary functions:
· Create Mondex cash value and issue to US financial institutions; and
· Ensure the safety and soundness of the overall Mondex payment system in the U.S.
As the issuer and redeemer of Mondex cash, Mondex USA Originator is responsible for developing risk management policies and procedures and performing audits to ensure proper implementation of the Mondex product.

FromTexas said:
Not to be trite but to quote Robert Frost:
Then quit being trite.

Believe as you will. You have free will. God gave it to you when He created you whether you believe or not. I care only that you are one of God's creatures and hope you are not lost. Beyond that, it is not my job to convince you. I just presented a devotional that I found interesting.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
2ndAmendment said:
As with all new technologies, these implants will get more powerful and gain wider use. Whether the implants become the mark of the beast or not, only time will tell. I know that I will not choose to participate in cashless society. No, I will not get a chip, Lord willing, ever.

If I get it before the beast comes along... am I gonna be ok? :whistle:

I for one think this sort of technology is wicked cool.

Toxick

Splat
sleuth said:

Please see Matthew Chapter 5 verse 30 for the answer to this question.

:biggrin:

sleuth said:

I think it's cool, however-comma, the potential for abuse is simply too great. Today it's just medical information - tomorrow it's contains ATM/debit technology, soon it's your life history, and can be downloaded by walking through a door with a sensor in the jamb. Next thing you know these things are manditory.

And while we're not looking, these things are suddenly being generated with remote detonation technology.

Just kidding.

While I don't believe that this is the harbinger of Armageddon, or the Mark of the Beast, the use of this chip, and its potential abuses make my lower left eyelid flicker a little bit.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
The only things I want to take to my grave that is remotely "high tech" are the fillings in my teeth. Those chips may sound convenient to some but to me it just sounds like another way for big brother to keep a closer eye on us.

I'll take a pass on the chip!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
sleuth said:

I think it is a matter of following the antichrist instead of God. I think you are half right; they have the potential to be wicked. The problem is that satan always starts innocently with small steps. The potential for abuse of this technology is outrageous. Potentially, with advances in the technology, you could be tracked everywhere you went. Every time you did anything, it would be tracked and recorded. Some think Internet cookies are troublesome. These things are a "cookie" on steroids.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
2ndAmendment said:
I think it is a matter of following the antichrist instead of God. I think you are half right; they have the potential to be wicked. The problem is that satan always starts innocently with small steps. The potential for abuse of this technology is outrageous. Potentially, with advances in the technology, you could be tracked everywhere you went. Every time you did anything, it would be tracked and recorded. Some think Internet cookies are troublesome. These things are a "cookie" on steroids.
Believe me... I've seen enough sci-fi movies and identity theft cases to be wary of such things like this.

I still think it's cool. Susceptible to abuse? Absolutely. But still cool. :lol: