What makes you better than everyone else?

What makes you better?

• Your car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your looks

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Your personallity

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Your house

• Your clothes

• Your spelling

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Your pedestal is just higher

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I don't consider myself better or worse than anyone. I may be in better or worse circumstances, but as a person, I am just a human being in the same human condition.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
2ndAmendment said:
I don't consider myself better or worse than anyone. I may be in better or worse circumstances, but as a person, I am just a human being in the same human condition.

I dunno'. I think you're human condition is better than a lot of folks out there. Take HollywoodFred, for example.

See what I mean, jelly bean?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My close are from godwill.. my trailor is wrented, but sits on 2 foot tall pedestals... my kars are old.. I lok like an ugly Rodney Dangerfield.. I hav noa personality, and I'm hung like a smal hamster...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
elaine said:
I dunno'. I think you're human condition is better than a lot of folks out there. Take HollywoodFred, for example.

See what I mean, jelly bean?
Thanks. Never read anything by HollywoodFred that I remember. I still say I am just human subject to all the human failings, temptations, hurts, elations, joy, and everything else that goes with being a human.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
2ndAmendment said:
I agree with that. I feel that it's morally wrong to pass judgment on other people as better or worse, in part because that implies that some people are more worthy to live than others. I try to only judge myself in terms of my past actions and learning from them.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tonio said:
in part because that implies that some people are more worthy to live than others.

You really do have issues, don't you? I don't think it implies any such thing. If we were all alike, all equal, what kind of world would it be? Pretty damn boring, if you ask me.

H

HollowSoul

it's not up to me to determine if i'm better or worse than someone else......that is someone elses opinion

Tonio said:
I agree with that. I feel that it's morally wrong to pass judgment on other people as better or worse, in part because that implies that some people are more worthy to live than others. I try to only judge myself in terms of my past actions and learning from them.
Tonio, some people ARE more worthy to live than others. This man should be executed promptly. :yay:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
elaine said:
You really do have issues, don't you? I don't think it implies any such thing. If we were all alike, all equal, what kind of world would it be? Pretty damn boring, if you ask me.
I wasn't saying all people should be alike. We all have different abilities and different levels of ability. Our system of free enterprise and democracy lets people succeed based on ability and hard work.

What I'm saying is that your abilities don't make you better or more worthy as a human being. The reason that legal discrimination used to exist is because it was commonly believed that some classes of people were more worthy than others, and that was based not on actual ability but on myths about ability.

Last edited:
Dear Tonio,
Someone will always be prettier.

They will always be smarter.

Their house will be bigger.

They will drive a better car.

Their children will do better in school.

And their husband will fix more things around the house.

So let it go,

and love you and your circumstances.

Think about it.

The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.

And the most highly favored
woman on your job may be unable to have children.

And the richest woman you know,

she's got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely.

And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing."

So, again, love you.

Love who you are.

Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say

"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"

"Winners make things happen.

Losers let things happen."

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Everyone has there good and bad points
Anyone that thinks they are better than anyone else is a sick puppy.
Other than being better than a psyco killer-rapest or a Liar !

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tonio said:
I wasn't saying all people should be alike. We all have different abilities and different levels of ability. Our system of free enterprise and democracy lets people succeed based on ability and hard work.

What I'm saying is that your abilities don't make you better or more worthy as a human being. The reason that legal discrimination used to exist is because it was commonly believed that some classes of people were more worthy than others, and that was based not on actual ability but on myths about ability.

We'll have to agree to disagree because I know there are people out there who are much better than I am, in one way or another. I can say that because I know who I am. I know I'm not one of the kindest people in the world, nor am I the most forgiving. I do not have the qualities that most people consider good. So, there ya' go.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
gumbo said:
... Other than being better than a psyco killer-rapest or a Liar !
If you're gonna start talking about Democrats, take it to the Politics forum.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
kwillia said:
Dear Tonio...
Although I appreciate your thoughts, I don't think you get my point. I absolutely hate being judged by other people. In my life I've known damned few people who've loved me for myself. Everyone else I've known, including my own family, seems to grant love and approval on a merit system. It feels like I have to be perfect, or at least be someone else, to be worthy of their love and approval.

I'm just in a crappy mood today because my wife and I just buried one of her close relatives.

Pete

Repete
Tonio said:
Although I appreciate your thoughts, I don't think you get my point. I absolutely hate being judged by other people. In my life I've known damned few people who've loved me for myself. Everyone else I've known, including my own family, seems to grant love and approval on a merit system. It feels like I have to be perfect, or at least be someone else, to be worthy of their love and approval.

I'm just in a crappy mood today because my wife and I just buried one of her close relatives.
PSSSSSSST, I have judged you already