November Getaway 4-5 Days??? Yeayyyy!

fttrsbeerwench

The guy and I want to go for a loonng weekend the 2nd or 3rd weekend in November....He suggested flying to Louisianna and riding a boat up Ol' Miss for a day or two( Do they still do that?):confused:

I thought maybe something a bit closer.....and cheaper( although we do DESERVE it) I ususally go camping in the mountains, but we don't feel like roughing it. Neither of us are gamblers.:twitch:
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do that would be fun in the cooler weather and with in maybe a half a days drive(400 or so miles)?????

THANKS!!

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
Charleston

We just came back from Charleston, SC. Only about 8-9 hour ride and a wonderful city. It is very friendly and VERY historic. They have reasonably priced tours running all year and there is a lot to do. That is my suggestion for a nice 4-5 day trip. My wife and I hope to go back in the next few years.

fttrsbeerwench

ptbrien said:
We just came back from Charleston, SC. Only about 8-9 hour ride and a wonderful city. It is very friendly and VERY historic. They have reasonably priced tours running all year and there is a lot to do. That is my suggestion for a nice 4-5 day trip. My wife and I hope to go back in the next few years.
Cool, I was looking around, and thought that the carolinas or the poconos would be the best idea. I have done NYC, Philly, Pittsburgh adn D.C. I want to go some where new. Maybe go to one of those spoiled spas,, get massaged..WOOHHOO!

sockgirl77

fttrsbeerwench said:
Cool, I was looking around, and thought that the carolinas or the poconos would be the best idea. I have done NYC, Philly, Pittsburgh adn D.C. I want to go some where new. Maybe go to one of those spoiled spas,, get massaged..WOOHHOO!
you go ahead and get spoiled, you deserve it. i'll watch the kids!