Please help (e-mail problem)

tater

Hopefully one of you gurus can help me with this. Here's the deal. A couple years ago, someone set up my computer to have two separate e-mail accounts through Outlook. I created a username and password and we were on our way. Well, for some reason (I'll never know), it wasn't long until it stopped prompting me for my password:confused: . No big deal though, as eventually it was just me using my computer again. Well, here it is 2 years later, and all of the sudden today Outlook is prompting me for my password (which I've tried all of the ones I can think of and can't seem to remember) :burning: Anyone have any idea how I can get around this so I can check my e-mail? I figured I would try this section of the forum as a last resort before I rip the computer out of the wall, load it in my truck, and drop it off the Solomon's bridge. Thanks alot.:biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
In Outlook, you can set up these email accounts as "services" - I did this at work so I can get my personal email delivered to my work email. If this is the case, I would delete the service that is no longer needed - whichever one is tied to the email account that is prompting you for a password.

I think there's also an option to stop the prompt for a password, but I'm not sure where it's at.

K

Kizzy

Go to tools - then accounts - find the one your having problems with -- select it and click properties -- click the servers tab and make sure remember password is selected. If all else fails, you can ask for a new password from whatever mail service it is and put it back in.

tater

Thanks !!!

I think I got it fixed. I ended doing the "delete account" method, and just doing a new one with basically adding the same info back in (e-mail addy, pop.whatever, etc.). Seems to be working now. Thanks again :dude: :getdown: