Have you ever...

K

KBlues

Have you ever let a good one slip away and not know it until later? For example, did you ever go out with someone, decide not to see him/her anymore for whatever reason, and then a couple years later decide that you were a real bonehead for letting him/her go? I know I am rambling, and I apologize for it.

This is so very stupid, but I keep thinking about a guy that I used to date a while back. We broke up because I am an idiot, and now, I am thinking about him, and realizing what a great guy he was. He is now married with a house full of kids, so it's not like I really want him, but I just can't help thinking about it.

I sound like a 15 year old school girl, don't I?

H

Heretic

Oh yea, actually with me its more like darn I shoulda asked her out while she was still single.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
KBlues, forgive me, but I think what you really want is the husband and the kids, not this particular guy. If it gets too bad, make friends with his wife. I'm sure she'll tell you stories that will make you glad he got away!
:lmao:

There's a butt for every seat. Who's to say that he would have been as good a husband and father with you as he might be with her? My husband's ex is a fine person - one of my dearest friends, actually. But I can fully understand why the two of them were mortal enemies when they were married. It's not that I'm any better than her - it's just a matter of that butt and seat thing.

G

giggles04

I never want to have that feeling... I'm not letting this guy I have go. I've had him for 3 years... and hope to keep him for the rest of my life. :biggrin:

K

KBlues

I thought about what you said Vrai, and no, I don't want the husband or the kids. I look back on it now and realize what a nice, romantic guy he was. And then I look at some of the other guys I have dated, and see how unromantic they are. I guess I am just comparing them, which isn't really fair on my part.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by KBlues
I thought about what you said Vrai, and no, I don't want the husband or the kids. I look back on it now and realize what a nice, romantic guy he was. And then I look at some of the other guys I have dated, and see how unromantic they are. I guess I am just comparing them, which isn't really fair on my part.

This gives me great comfort. I often wonder whether the heartless women who once broke up with me for no reason at all ever have regrets about that decision.
:smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's kind of an alien concept to me because I've never missed one of my leftovers. Even the ones who broke my "heart" (and I use that term loosely).

Why'd you and the guy break it off, if you don't mind my asking?

Christy

b*tch rocket
This gives me great comfort. I often wonder whether the heartless women who once broke up with me for no reason at all ever have regrets about that decision.

:roflmao: Hey! Maybe we have a reunion! :lmao: BK, you are so stinkin bitter dude! :wink:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I have, but every one with a proviso - they didn't so much 'get away'. For example, one was very much in love with me, I was really only marginally aware of it, and by the time I really did, she was killed in an accident. Another, I was in a very strict religious group, and she was not - she asked me to leave, and be with her, and I said no. Not long ago, I think the problem was neither one of us had the understanding to deal with each other's foibles and weaknesses, and there's probably too much history to recover what is gone. None of them "got away" in the normal sense, but I wish things had gone otherwise.

K

KBlues

We broke up because I was very young, about 18 yrs old, and I thought the grass was greener on the other side. He talked about marriage, and at that time I didn't want that, so I broke it off. I thought I was way too young to even think about marriage (which I was), and I wanted to go out and have fun. We weren't together for a long time, but I had known him for a couple of years before we started dating. Looking back, I could have been nicer to him when I broke up with him. Maybe I am just feeling guilty.

You live and you learn, right?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by bknarw

:smile:

:lmao: Do you think they miss the cling? :lmao:

KB,

We all, one time or another, feel that we let a good one get away.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by justhangn

:lmao: Do you think they miss the cling? :lmao:

KB,

We all, one time or another, feel that we let a good one get away.

Spoken like the true "prize" that YOU must be!
:biggrin:

SxyPrincess

Can't say that I feel the same way Kblues. I've never looked back on any relationship wanting them back. I'll have the memories (good and bad) forever but I'm happy the relationships have ended.

I've only been dating my current b/f for a few months and I've never been happier. :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Can't say that I feel the same way Kblues. I've never looked back on any relationship wanting them back. I'll have the memories (good and bad) forever but I'm happy the relationships have ended.

Here Here! :cheers:

However, there is one guy who I'd love to look up and see if he's still the hottie he was when I dated him. I'd not want to date him again, just have a look. The man's brain was probably about the size of a chick pea, but that didn't much matter when you're 17 and dating the hottest guy within a 100 mile radius! :lmao:

Christy

b*tch rocket
And

Kblue, I think when you find that "butt for your seat", you'll be thinkin, "Shoo, thank goodness I didn't marry him!" rather than wondering "what if".

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Christy

Here Here! :cheers:

However, there is one guy who I'd love to look up and see if he's still the hottie he was when I dated him. I'd not want to date him again, just have a look.

Me's think Steve would not like this at all. :nono: :lol:

K

Kain99

Time has a funny way of making us forget why we decided to call it quits long ago. Trust yourself! You said Goodbye for a good reason. *Even if you can't remember why" :smile:

Cracka

Have you ever let a good one slip away and not know it until later? For example, did you ever go out with someone, decide not to see him/her anymore for whatever reason, and then a couple years later decide that you were a real bonehead for letting him/her go? I know I am rambling, and I apologize for it.

This is so very stupid, but I keep thinking about a guy that I used to date a while back. We broke up because I am an idiot, and now, I am thinking about him, and realizing what a great guy he was. He is now married with a house full of kids, so it's not like I really want him, but I just can't help thinking about it.

For me it has been the other way around but as far as I'm concerned that is their problem/loss.

JabbaJawz

Be about it

Heck no!! You make perfect sense, and I definitely understand what you're saying. I think as time passes we all grow up, and make decisions differently than we may have a few years ago. I have a good guy, etc... but there were other great ones in the past that I let go for various stupid reasons, lol!! I think in several ways I just wasn't ready before, no matter how good the dudes were. This time I was ready, got the good guy, and bammmmmm! Timing is everything.

Even so, the other good ones that I let go for no good reason still have a special place in my heart for treating me so nicely and just for being good men in general. Like you said, it's not like I'd want to be with them or anything, but it's those thoughts of 'the ones who got away', ;-)!