How do you handle the ex's new love?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
danceintherain said:
How do you handle the ex's new love when there are children involved?

I hit my knees and thanked God! Seriously... My ex has a 23 year old girlfriend. :twitch: I've personally witnessed her immaturity (they're a perfect match) so I made it clear that at this point I did not want my ex and her alone with my son. Mind you my ex still lives with his parents so this isn't a big deal.

danceintherain

I am very thankful that he has found someone but I've never met her. Currently the ex and I share custody and he recently moved in with her. I've asked to meet her but he said it wouldnt be a good idea.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
danceintherain said:
I am very thankful that he has found someone but I've never met her. Currently the ex and I share custody and he recently moved in with her. I've asked to meet her but he said it wouldnt be a good idea.

I wouldn't accept that for an answer. You have a right to know if you're children are living there part time. I got lucky. My ex and current went to high school together so the ex knew that the current had always been a really good guy. Too bad he's still to immature to even know where I live. His parents and one of his little sisters have met the current though.

danceintherain

pixiegirl said:
I wouldn't accept that for an answer. You have a right to know if you're children are living there part time. I got lucky. My ex and current went to high school together so the ex knew that the current had always been a really good guy. Too bad he's still to immature to even know where I live. His parents and one of his little sisters have met the current though.
My ex is very immature too. My children have had a few issues with the new love and when I tried talking to the ex about it, he just yelled at the kids for talking.

Hot N Bothered

danceintherain said:
My ex is very immature too. My children have had a few issues with the new love and when I tried talking to the ex about it, he just yelled at the kids for talking.
You have a right to know who your children will be spending time with. If you can't get him to introduce you and you can't arrange to accidently bump into them, maybe there is someone who can check her out for you. Are you still on good terms with any of the ex in-laws? Maybe his sister or someone who will be sympathtic to your concerns? If all else fails, get her name and google it. You'd be amazed what you can find on the web.

What kind of issues do the kid's have? If it's stuff like she's jealous of their time with their father, well, that's par for the course. She's into a new relationship and is feeling insecure. Kids, depending how old they are, will realize that some adults can be just as immature as children. If it's stuff like she's abusive, verbally or physically, that's a whole different issue.

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
pixiegirl said:
I hit my knees and thanked God! Seriously... My ex has a 23 year old girlfriend. :twitch: I've personally witnessed her immaturity (they're a perfect match) so I made it clear that at this point I did not want my ex and her alone with my son. Mind you my ex still lives with his parents so this isn't a big deal.

WOW....You mean he actually found someone after all this time? :twitch:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
BabyGurl1978 said:
WOW....You mean he actually found someone after all this time? :twitch:

Yeah, she's just as nutty as he is at that. :lol: I went to pick up Noah one afternoon while I was pregnant. The phone rang as we were in the garage. All he said was "Pixie is here to pick Noah up, can I call you back in two minutes?" and got off the phone. We went inside so that he could collect Noah's things. Literally two minutes had passed and the phone rang again. He picked it up and standing a few feet away from him I could hear her yelling "I hope you're having fun with your baby's momma..... :blahblah: " Then he hung up on her. I had to laugh. What goes around comes around.

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
pixiegirl said:
Yeah, she's just as nutty as he is at that. :lol: I went to pick up Noah one afternoon while I was pregnant. The phone rang as we were in the garage. All he said was "Pixie is here to pick Noah up, can I call you back in two minutes?" and got off the phone. We went inside so that he could collect Noah's things. Literally two minutes had passed and the phone rang again. He picked it up and standing a few feet away from him I could hear her yelling "I hope you're having fun with your baby's momma..... :blahblah: " Then he hung up on her. I had to laugh. What goes around comes around.

:lol: yeah I would have to say they are a perfect match than! :blahblah: glad you got away from it. :cheers:

pixiegirl said:
:roflmao: