New to Cat Ownership

danceintherain

I have two male cats. Both have been neutered. One of them, not sure which one, will pee on shoes and sometimes clothes that are left on the floor. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
danceintherain said:
I have two male cats. Both have been neutered. One of them, not sure which one, will pee on shoes and sometimes clothes that are left on the floor. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

Pick up your clothes and put them away, put your shoes in the closet and close the door.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
danceintherain said:
Pick up your shoes and clothes. :lol:

Are they inside or outside cats or both? Are the litter boxes (if you have them) clean and do you use one or two? Some cats are funny about sharing or in multi-cat households they use one to pee in and one to poop in.

Sometimes, cats will pee in inappropriate places due to urinary track problems but most often it's psychological.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
danceintherain said:
I'LL be helpful... :smile: pay no mind to the mouthy hand above.
Rule of thumb: 1 litter pan plus 1 extra PER cat...and possibly switch litter, he might not like the one you are using. If those things don't work, then check for UTI's or kidney stones (common when cheap food is fed) if cheap food is fed, upgrade, or add salt to the diet to force consumption of h2o and flushing of the system.
THERE. end of PSA.

Stang Girl

Mr. and Mrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a male black cat the is outside of my house it loves my dogs and people. Anyone want it?

danceintherain

happyappygirl said:
I'LL be helpful... :smile: pay no mind to the mouthy hand above.
Rule of thumb: 1 litter pan plus 1 extra PER cat...and possibly switch litter, he might not like the one you are using. If those things don't work, then check for UTI's or kidney stones (common when cheap food is fed) if cheap food is fed, upgrade, or add salt to the diet to force consumption of h2o and flushing of the system.
THERE. end of PSA.
Thank you, I am fairly new to the forums. Guess, I need to watch how I phrase things. They are from the same litter. I have one large covered litter box and clean it out twice daily. They both use it and I havent noticed any fitting or anything. I have tried different kinds of litter. They both were just vet checked and seem to be healthy. Dont know if this is a common thing or a more serious problem.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
danceintherain said:
Thank you, I am fairly new to the forums. Guess, I need to watch how I phrase things. They are from the same litter. I have one large covered litter box and clean it out twice daily. They both use it and I havent noticed any fitting or anything. I have tried different kinds of litter. They both were just vet checked and seem to be healthy. Dont know if this is a common thing or a more serious problem.
Most cats don't like the hooded litter boxes. And if you have two cats, you really need two litter boxes.

danceintherain

cattitude said:
Pick up your shoes and clothes. :lol:

Are they inside or outside cats or both? Are the litter boxes (if you have them) clean and do you use one or two? Some cats are funny about sharing or in multi-cat households they use one to pee in and one to poop in.

Sometimes, cats will pee in inappropriate places due to urinary track problems but most often it's psychological.
Strictly indoor cats.

danceintherain

elaine said:
Pick up your clothes and put them away, put your shoes in the closet and close the door.
I opened myself up for that one. I did say any suggestions. I have two young children. Shoes do sometimes get kicked off at the door and coats miss the coat rack.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
danceintherain said:
II have two young children. Shoes do sometimes get kicked off at the door and coats miss the coat rack.

I got the t-shirt. I was just razzin' ya'.

danceintherain

DoWhat said:
I meant shoot'em with a spray of water, when you see them doing it, sheash.
I have 3 cats.
I've tried that. Worked the first 3 times now they just open they little mouths and try to catch the water.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
danceintherain said:
I've tried that. Worked the first 3 times now they just open they little mouths and try to catch the water.
Tell Catt I tried to help and tell her to open the damn door.