Guttering recommendations?

B

baswm

I am planning to get my gutters redone and wonder who has the best quality for the buck. I want to get the board replaced that the gutter hangs on as well.

Pegster710

The Pegster
Gutters

Custom Fit Gutters - Steve Darrach is the owner. He's out of Lusby and does an EXCELLENT job. I'll try to get the phone number for you...

B

baswm

Pegster710 said:
Custom Fit Gutters - Steve Darrach is the owner. He's out of Lusby and does an EXCELLENT job. I'll try to get the phone number for you...

Thanks. :cheers:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Do you actually have a board behind your gutter, or is it just aluminum trim coil bent around a board? If its aluminum, you may be able to just clean it with a hose and some mild cleaner. Same goes for your gutters. Also, if your roof has a drip edge, chances are good that the drip edge is nailed into your fascia board. If this is your configuration, removal of the trim coil may be more challenging.

Either way, sounds like a major project labor-wise, but definitely one worth doing since it will make an amazing difference in the appearance of your home. I had a friend replace some siding and trim coil this summer, and I couldn't believe the huge difference the new white trim made. (I love white trim! :banana:) Anyway, mine couldn't be cleaned my "bro" replaced it for me...

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Roofing by George in Mechanicsville - George is excellent! 301-884-7360 or 800-392-5314

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some kid came around the other day wanting to give me a free estimate on replacement gutters (that I do not need because mine are only a year or so old). He was from a company called Long and didn't have a business card or anyway I could contact him at a later date - it was either now or never.

I chose never.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
lucaswebco said:
Look into getting a Gutter Helmet too. It helps to keep leaves out of your gutter. www.gutterhelmet.com

If you do the math, it's cheaper to take the money you would have spent on that, pop it into a money-market or high grade mutual fund and use the interest to pay someone to clean them out every year.

C

czygvtwkr

Chain729 said:
If you do the math, it's cheaper to take the money you would have spent on that, pop it into a money-market or high grade mutual fund and use the interest to pay someone to clean them out every year.

But they are way cheaper than repairing a moldy crawl space or cracked foundation because every time it storms there is enough leaves fall to clog up your gutters. And it sure beats being out in a storm on a ladder cleaning out your gutters every time it rains.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
czygvtwkr said:
But they are way cheaper than repairing a moldy crawl space or cracked foundation because every time it storms there is enough leaves fall to clog up your gutters. And it sure beats being out in a storm on a ladder cleaning out your gutters every time it rains.

If it's that bad, you have a point. I don't have enough trees around to cause that :shrug: If I did, I'd probably do the following:

chainsaw + weekend= permanent solution

C

czygvtwkr

Oz said:
Roofing by George in Mechanicsville - George is excellent! 301-884-7360 or 800-392-5314

Oz, do you have the Gutter Tunnel Leaf protection from Roofing by George?

If so how do they work?