Where to purchase car parts?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
The retracting antenna on my car got bent 2 days ago (no idea HOW??) but now i need to replace the mast. Where can i go online to order one? :confused:

H

HollowSoul

happyappygirl said:
The retracting antenna on my car got bent 2 days ago (no idea HOW??) but now i need to replace the mast. Where can i go online to order one? :confused:
:yay:junk yard

Vince

happyappygirl said:
Model and make of car? Check Brandywine autoparts, another on 235 North of Hollywood on the right, can't remember the name. Clinton autoparts, Seymours in Mechanicsville. You have to replace the whole works, motor and all. It's all one unit.

Vince said:
Model and make of car? Check Brandywine autoparts, another on 235 North of Hollywood on the right, can't remember the name. Clinton autoparts, Seymours in Mechanicsville. You have to replace the whole works, motor and all. It's all one unit.
No matter which branch of Brandywine you call, they can check every yard they own in the computer.

Vince

happyappygirl said:
Is it hard to replace? The dealer wanted 168.00 to do the job...that seemed high to me.
Some are a pain in the butt because you have to get at them through the wheel well. Then it depends on how rusty everything is. Never did care for power antennas for this reason. And in the winter when they freeze over and you go warm up your car with the radio on you end up burning up the motor or shearing the cable. If you are going to have it replaced, I suggest you put a standard antenna in.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
happyappygirl said:
Oh wow, you can do that? Is that a big deal to do?
Is the antenna mounted on the front fender or the rear? rear mounted are easier as you usually gain access via the trunk. Front mounted antennas can be a b!tch as you have to remove the fender liner, possibly the inner fender and then still have to feed the cable towards the radio. None of this is really that difficult but it can be a pain in the ass depending on vehicle.

I myself would prefer to stay stock versus switching to the fixed antenna and would learn to remember to turn the radio off prior to starting a vehicle that was snow or ice covered.

H

HollowSoul

tell ya what.........fugetaboutit......get xm and never listen to regular radio again

Cletus_Vandam

best answer yet...

HollowSoul said:
tell ya what.........fugetaboutit......get xm and never listen to regular radio again

I have to agree w/ HS.

I have XM inputs in two vehicles and their boom box. Sit at my desk all day and listen to commerical free tunes. Pull the receiver and snap it in the car and off to home at the end of the day.

All this for less than $10 a month... yeah, it's worth not hearing the continuous Trim-Spa (etc.) commercials and other crap.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
can i get a universal one from autozone? are they pretty good? it mounts on the rear left of the car. Lexus ES300