Troopers for Townsend a bust

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Last week's so-called "Troopers for Townsend" rally generated an underwhelming response among members of the state's law enforcement community.

A press release issued by the Townsend camp boasted that 150 troopers were in attendance. However, videotape of the event revealed only 35 people, one third of which were members of the press.

The event was plagued with problems from the beginning. According to reports received by the Ehrlich Campaign from individual troopers, the event was inappropriately promoted using a flier placed in troopers' in-boxes at each police barracks. Further, the address labels were generated using an internal personnel database.

The day before the event, two of the groups touted as organizers of the event publicly repudiated their involvement with the Townsend Campaign.

"Rank-and-file members of the state's law enforcement community overwhelmingly support the Ehrlich-Steele ticket," Bob Ehrlich stated. He noted that FOP lodges currently pledged to the Townsend ticket represent less than 25 percent of FOP members statewide.
~~~~~~~

Aren't the Troopers supposed to protect the Governor? It's amazing that KKKT would still want the job with only 25% of their support. What does that tell ya?

"Let me tell you" :wink: It reminds me of how no one wanted White House duty when Clinton was in office.

STMLADY

AHHHH THE CLINTON DAYS!

Oh Geeze does that bring back night mares!

Sharon: Your statement reminded me of watching the Marines stand at attention while Clinton entered his airplane, I remember one instance where this one Marine wasn't facing the way he should have been. It was pointed out to me by a Marine who was watching the news with me. I kept an eye on that and when Bush was on TV I looked and saw the difference. Very Subtle but it was way cool. How one Marine very subtly told the world what he thought of Clinton. I am sure it took major balls to do something so subtle when it would be seen on tv.

Trust me I have the utmost respect for anyone who goes into the service and I will support all military branches.

J

justhangn

KKT must be looking through the same glasses as Farrakhan during the "Million Man March" when he was boasting about the hundreds of thousands of participants.

:rolleyes: