Exercise

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Since we moved I'd gotten WAY out of excercise mode. Started back on Sunday and can tell a total difference already. I have more energy at night, in the morning...all around. Whew...glad to be back in the swing! :banana:

meme

The Smart Hooker
Way to go. I can definitely tell a big difference too when I don't exercise. I just don't have the energy right now. But I know I need to get my butt in gear. By the way...thanks for the Atkinks book suggestions. I bought both and love both. The recipies in the Atkinks for life are really actually yummy! :yay:

JabbaJawz said:
Since we moved I'd gotten WAY out of excercise mode. Started back on Sunday and can tell a total difference already. I have more energy at night, ...glad to be back in the swing! :banana:
Make sure the eye bolts holding your swing are well anchored to the ceiling joists in your bedroom. Talk about coitus interuptus!

K

Katie

That is great. I know that when I exercise I am less stressed and sleep better at night.

S

Scrappy

If I don't work out a few times a week, I feel like garbage. Good luck getting back on track.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Advice?

Any advice on getting started? I am typically more into yoga and such. I won't do too much else on my own at home, if that. I have been known to stick it to it at the gym, but I don't want to get sucked in to the high price of membership. Suggestions are needed!!! Thanks!

meme

The Smart Hooker
virgovictoria said:
Any advice on getting started? I am typically more into yoga and such. I won't do too much else on my own at home, if that. I have been known to stick it to it at the gym, but I don't want to get sucked in to the high price of membership. Suggestions are needed!!! Thanks!

I have been doing workout DVD's. It seems to help. I just switch and do something different everyday. Keeps me from getting bored.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
virgovictoria said:

Any advice is going to depend on A) your goals, B) your body-type, and C) your current health status.

Congrats Jabba. I starting lifting again about 2 months ago. Only problem lifestyle wise is that its even harder for me to get up in the morning.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
virgovictoria said:
I suggest the Marine Corps workout in honor of their birthday today. Seriously thu, they do have motivational tapes and books, and even call ya maggot! It always helps me to have somebody calling me a puke or something along those lines to reach a fully motivated workout level. :biggrin:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
How sad is this???

meme said:
I have been doing workout DVD's. It seems to help. I just switch and do something different everyday. Keeps me from getting bored.

I recall watching exercise DVDs not too terribly long ago for content, to get an idea of what was on them... And as I was fast forwarding, I had to wipe my hand off before using the remote, so that I wouldn't get what I was eating on it!

GEEZ! :loser:

meme

The Smart Hooker
virgovictoria said:
I recall watching exercise DVDs not too terribly long ago for content, to get an idea of what was on them... And as I was fast forwarding, I had to wipe my hand off before using the remote, so that I wouldn't get what I was eating on it!

I live in Florida where it's still hot as hell. If you wait till the evening to go out for a walk or such you'll be attacked by jurassic park mosquitos. So....the DVD's work for me (at least for now.)

meme

The Smart Hooker
migtig said:
I suggest the Marine Corps workout in honor of their birthday today. Seriously thu, they do have motivational tapes and books, and even call ya maggot! It always helps me to have somebody calling me a puke or something along those lines to reach a fully motivated workout level. :biggrin:

When I was in the Marines myself I was in the best shape of my life. Then I got out, had a few kids and well...you know the rest of the story. I never got HUGE but after having my 7 weeks ago, I could stand to tighten everything back up again. Ahhhhhh the good ole days. :cheers:

S

Shutterbug

virgovictoria said:

Get an exercise machine and put it in front of the tv. (no food!) I have a gazelle (Tony Little's low impact exercise machine), and I have a bum knee so this thing is great for me. I have it in front of the tv and when you are on it and watching tv, you break a sweat without even realizing it. It is a great way to work out if you are unmotivated. (not saying I'm unmotivated...it just helps to pass the time a lot faster!) :smile:

K

Kizzy

Roller Blading

looks like fun. :yay:

But I could see stopping just might be a problem.

Anatomy of a roller blade
Roller blades function much like conventional roller skates; however, they are different in several important ways. Roller blades have a rigid plastic boot, similar to the boot used in snow skiing. They have between three and five polyurethane (plastic) wheels that are arranged in a line and secured to the bottom of the boot. Because the wheels are narrow, roller blades can reach much higher speeds than roller skates. The braking mechanism is also different. The brake pad on roller blades is on the heel of either one or both of the skates, while the brake pad on roller skates is on the toe.

I wonder how hard using your heal would be to master? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

The Smart Hooker
Every person is different. If working out at home works for you then great....it works for me. If you aren't serious about working out then don't waste the money buying a membership at a gym. Do what YOU are comfortable doing.

smoothmarine187

:buddies:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?

I do both. I work out at the gym and when I am home I will work out there too. Even if it is just walking around or jogging around the neighborhood.

Exercise is not hard for me. I love it. The bad thing for me is the junk food I eat counteracts any good I am doing with my exercise. I wish I could eat better.