The Da Vinci Code

K

Kizzy

I heard this morning that this novel is going to be made into a movie, or maybe it already has and hasn't been released yet, nevertheless, Tom Hanks will be staring in it.

HORUS

Better than YOU.
Kizzy said:
I heard this morning that this novel is going to be made into a movie, or maybe it already has and hasn't been released yet, nevertheless, Tom Hanks will be staring in it.

I thought it was a movies a long time ago... :confused:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I think that would be a great movie. The novel was excellent, but not enough of the mass public sits down to read, so they missed out on the opportunity to enjoy it.

K

Kizzy

migtig said:
I think that would be a great movie. The novel was excellent, but not enough of the mass public sits down to read, so they missed out on the opportunity to enjoy it.

Exactly, which is why I think this will most defiantly become a huge hit at the box office.

J

justhangn

huntr1 said:
It has not been made yet. Hanks is in negotiations to star in it.
:yay: I'm sure he'll make a good Langdon, now who's going to play Neveau??

I say Sandra Bullock. :banana:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
justhangn said:
:yay: I'm sure he'll make a good Langdon, now who's going to play Neveau??

I say Sandra Bullock. :banana:
Dustin and I sat down a few weeks ago and made a list of who we would want to play every single character. Right now all I can remember is that I picked Rachel Weisz (sp?) to play Sophie, she has that exotic/innocent/adventurous thing going for her. I think Tom Hanks would be horrible as Langdon. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but he's just not right for the part. And oh yeah, Opie's directing! :yay:

I've read the book three times :blushing:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The DiVinci Code is awesome. The plotline at times was a little too "convenient" and contrived, but the overall story is awesome. In conjunction with the book, I made several internet searches to look at the artwork being mentioned. I understand that there is a new printing coming out of the book that incorporates the artwork in it so that readers don't need to do an independent search. The book definitely makes you wonder if there is any truth based on the theories presented by Dan Brown.

J

justhangn

BadGirl said:
The DiVinci Code is awesome. The plotline at times was a little too "convenient" and contrived, but the overall story is awesome. In conjunction with the book, I made several internet searches to look at the artwork being mentioned. I understand that there is a new printing coming out of the book that incorporates the artwork in it so that readers don't need to do an independent search. The book definitely makes you wonder if there is any truth based on the theories presented by Dan Brown.

I bought the illistrated version, Wally world, hard back, $20, top notch I say. :yay::yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
BuddyLee said:
I keep hearing about this Da Vinci Code. Can anyone give me a summary of the story?
From Dan Brown's Official Website - the plot for "The Da Vinci Code":

While in Paris on business, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum. Near the body, police have found a baffling cipher. Solving the enigmatic riddle, Langdon is stunned to discover it leads to a trail of clues hidden in the works of Da Vinci…clues visible for all to see…and yet ingeniously disguised by the painter.

Langdon joins forces with a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, and learns the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion—an actual secret society whose members included Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Da Vinci, among others. The Louvre curator has sacrificed his life to protect the Priory's most sacred trust: the location of a vastly important religious relic, hidden for centuries.

In a breathless race through Paris, London, and beyond, Langdon and Neveu match wits with a faceless powerbroker who appears to work for Opus Dei—a clandestine, Vatican-sanctioned Catholic sect believed to have long plotted to seize the Priory's secret. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle in time, the Priory's secret—and a stunning historical truth—will be lost forever.

In an exhilarating blend of relentless adventure, scholarly intrigue, and cutting wit, symbologist Robert Langdon (first introduced in Dan Brown's bestselling Angels & Demons) is the most original character to appear in years. THE DA VINCI CODE heralds the arrival of a new breed of lightening-paced, intelligent thriller…surprising at every twist, absorbing at every turn, and in the end, utterly unpredictable…right up to its astonishing conclusion.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BadGirl said:
Did reading it make you want to quit your job and trek through Europe looking at paintings? I wanted to. :lol:

AMP

Jersey attitude.
BuddyLee said:
I keep hearing about this Da Vinci Code. Can anyone give me a summary of the story?

Summary? Jesus was married. Probably to Mary Magdelene. 'Nuff said. Extremely interesting, plese read before you see the movie.