Engine repair and Windshield replacement

Blondie76

Looking for a good auto shop and auto glass place. I took my car into the shop and I have a pretty bad oil leak. I was told it was my valve cover gasket and there was something wrong with my trans cooler lines. They quoted me $302 for the gasket and $72 for the cooler line. I don't know much about prices on these kind of things. But I was hoping someone could recommend a good auto shop that does good work for a reasonable price, so I can get a comparison.

I also have a crack in my windshield that is growing bigger everyday. Need a good auto glass shop as well. My deductible for my insurance is more than what the windshield would cost so I'm not bothering with my insurance if it is less than.

Thanks for your help!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Blondie76 said:
Looking for a good auto shop and auto glass place. I took my car into the shop and I have a pretty bad oil leak. I was told it was my valve cover gasket and there was something wrong with my trans cooler lines. They quoted me $302 for the gasket and $72 for the cooler line. I don't know much about prices on these kind of things. But I was hoping someone could recommend a good auto shop that does good work for a reasonable price, so I can get a comparison.

I also have a crack in my windshield that is growing bigger everyday. Need a good auto glass shop as well. My deductible for my insurance is more than what the windshield would cost so I'm not bothering with my insurance if it is less than.

Thanks for your help!
You sure that is for a valve cover gasket and not a head gasket?

J

JohnnyRebel

Blondie76 said:

Thanks for your help!
Check out jeffery pilkerton over across from brewskis ricky is the mechanic tell him wayne sent you there :getdown:

Blondie76

Ken King said:
You sure that is for a valve cover gasket and not a head gasket?

He wrote down "valve cover gasket" and "trans cooler lines" oh and apparently I have a problem with the "upper control arm" on the passenger side front wheel. My car is a POS. :ohwell:

Blondie76 said:
He wrote down "valve cover gasket" and "trans cooler lines" oh and apparently I have a problem with the "upper control arm" on the passenger side front wheel. My car is a POS. :ohwell:
You should be thankful it's not the blinker fluid gasket valve cover...:ohwell:

J

JohnnyRebel

Windsheild

JohnnyRebel said:
Check out jeffery pilkerton over across from brewskis ricky is the mechanic tell him wayne sent you there :getdown:
If u have a small starburst crack like the size of a dime or smaller take some scotch tape on the out side of the window over the crack make a hollow so u can stick some crazy glue in it now get in side your car and put a lighter to it it should fill in the cracks dont put a lot of glue >this works a lot put not a garantee???

Blondie76

JohnnyRebel said:
If u have a small starburst crack like the size of a dime or smaller take some scotch tape on the out side of the window over the crack make a hollow so u can stick some crazy glue in it now get in side your car and put a lighter to it it should fill in the cracks dont put a lot of glue >this works a lot put not a garantee???

No starburst. Just a big ole crack starting from the very edge of the windshield on the driver side, and currently stops right in my line of sight :twitch:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
actually call your insurance company.. windshield is not under the standared deductible.. Its usually about 100.00 and most glass places with cover half the deductible.. Just and fyi..