Thug Fest

J

JohnnyRebel

The same

Nickel said:
:roflmao: Um, yes....but the Vibe awards is about hip hop, and hip hop is not defined by rap. I think it's wrong to classify everyone at the Vibe awards as rappers.
All have the same goal,s in life be a thug, die young, and ressurect 2 pac.There is a differance in people and its shows everyday.Cmt awards had more people and they had no fighting and stabbing!!! :killingme

mainman

Set Trippin
JohnnyRebel said:
All have the same goal,s in life be a thug, die young, and ressurect 2 pac.There is a differance in people and its shows everyday.Cmt awards had more people and they had no fighting and stabbing!!! :killingme
Interesting username choice...

Skeez said:
I am going to go out on a limb here and assume this was directed at me.

To me, a "THUG" rapper is one who came up through the school of hard knocks. Poverty, crappy schools, drugs & violence part of their everyday life (as in they were exposed to them, not that they necessarilly sold/took drug or killed people). Eminem was raised in an upper-middle-class white suburban family. Nothing THUG about his upbringing.

BTE

Extra Ordinary
huntr1 said:
I am going to go out on a limb here and assume this was directed at me.

To me, a "THUG" rapper is one who came up through the school of hard knocks. Poverty, crappy schools, drugs & violence part of their everyday life (as in they were exposed to them, not that they necessarilly sold/took drug or killed people). Eminem was raised in an upper-middle-class white suburban family. Nothing THUG about his upbringing.
Merriam-Webster says that a thug is:

a brutal ruffian or assassin : GANGSTER, KILLER

IMO I don't think a thug has anything to do with the way they were brought up, it has to do with their lifestyle, their attitude, their behavior.